Trusted Contributor

Re: Just listened to an interview with Mike Rowe (Q alum)

@Mz iMac wrote:

Mike was the only Q host that could sell a product while mocking how ridiculous it is. 837514213.gif

Mike Rowe had two classics...the doll named Merry and the lava lamp. Both were in that famous mocking style he was known for! 

Honored Contributor

Mike has a lot of common sense and is extremely funny. I'd vote for him!

Respected Contributor

@Love4cats wrote:

@spumoni99 wrote:

@Lvqfan wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lvqfan   It would be nice to briefly know what he said especially since you don't mention where the interview was seen.

It was on Fox News.......I didn't want the rath of those who will throw me hate because I dare to watch Fox.  He was talking about the need for blue collar workers and that you could make a great living without a 4yr. collage degree.  Also, how he felt it started when they took shop classes and mechanics classes out of high schools and kids were made to feel that collage was the only way to make it in the world.

You don't need college but it does help with spelling!

@spumoni99 Any reason why you find the need to reply with a nasty comment?

Read the entire thread please.

Trusted Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

@Lvqfan wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lvqfan   It would be nice to briefly know what he said especially since you don't mention where the interview was seen.

It was on Fox News.......I didn't want the rath of those who will throw me hate because I dare to watch Fox.  He was talking about the need for blue collar workers and that you could make a great living without a 4yr. collage degree.  Also, how he felt it started when they took shop classes and mechanics classes out of high schools and kids were made to feel that collage was the only way to make it in the world.

You don't need college but it does help with spelling!

@spumoni99 Isn't spelling taught in elementary school? Even so, I can't begin to tell you how many errors I noted on job applications that listed numerous college degrees. I wasn't impressed.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have always believed that knowing a trade is important, and I have never understood why more kids are encouraged to take this route for their future. 

Esteemed Contributor

@We rescue cats wrote:

I've been preaching that for the past 10 years....."Learn a TRADE!" No one can ever take that away from you. Be a plumber or an electrician, a mechanic.... Learn to work! My neighbor is a professional painter, she has a 6 month waiting list and is not inexpensive-but she is very, very good.

@We rescue cats 

My brother owns his own business and does pest control. He has all of the certifications, and he works non stop. There was no break for him when Covid hit. One thing people will not cheap out on, especially in California is their pest control services. He always has customers.