Super Contributor

Just listened to an interview with Mike Rowe (Q alum)

He's such a smart guy and seems to be spot on regarding jobs and the workforce in our country.  Good to hear someone with common sense.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Just listened to an interview with Mike Rowe (Q alum)

@Lvqfan   It would be nice to briefly know what he said especially since you don't mention where the interview was seen.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lvqfan   It would be nice to briefly know what he said especially since you don't mention where the interview was seen.

It was on Fox News.......I didn't want the rath of those who will throw me hate because I dare to watch Fox.  He was talking about the need for blue collar workers and that you could make a great living without a 4yr. collage degree.  Also, how he felt it started when they took shop classes and mechanics classes out of high schools and kids were made to feel that collage was the only way to make it in the world.

Respected Contributor

@Lvqfan I also watch Fox...and so do a number of others here! There was a thread awhile back (don't remember if it was in TV and Movies, or what---but we were discussing how much we enjoy Gutfeld! and The Five.

I'm also a big admirer of Mike Rowe and his commen sense! 

Respected Contributor

Fox is a mix.  It does have legitimate news, not opinions. 

I've always admired Mike.  He's witty and smart.

Respected Contributor

@Lvqfan wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

It was on Fox News.......I didn't want the rath of those who will throw me hate because I dare to watch Fox.  He was talking about the need for blue collar workers and that you could make a great living without a 4yr. collage degree.  Also, how he felt it started when they took shop classes and mechanics classes out of high schools and kids were made to feel that collage was the only way to make it in the world.

You don't need college but it does help with spelling!

Honored Contributor

@Lvqfan wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

The good news is that the unions representing the skilled trades in my area offer numerous paid apprenticeships .  They recruit from both the high schools and community colleges.  It's a great way to nurture local talent and future professionals.

Super Contributor

Mike Rowe was once a late night host on QVC.  Search Mike Rowe QVC on Youtube.

Always enjoy Mike Rowe interviews.

Respected Contributor

@spumoni99  Nope...college does not help with spelling. 

Trusted Contributor

@spumoni99  I know what you mean.  I appreciate that since I am a spelling and grammar nerd!  But I learned how to spell and diagram sentences in grammar school.  In today's world, I don't really know what is going on anymore in schools.  Getting back to Mike Rowe, I love the way he encourages young people to go to trade schools and other trainig to obtain a trade and skills.  That's practically a guarantee for lifetime employment.