Esteemed Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
Wouldn’t it be nice if before posting one would “fact check” the facts before starting a thread and posting. So many untruths are posted here. ✅

You could always do your own fact checking when you read something you're unsure of.

You totally missed the point.

If the point was investigating things you do not understand or agree with I think she got it.

If the point was to degrade other posters who you may not agree, I would hope as adults we would be above that.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Valued Contributor

Everyone thinks the facts are on their side.

The truth about anything is complicated. 

If you think someone else is ignorant, that probably means you aren't looking at the same set of facts.

Honored Contributor

@Oostende wrote:

Everyone thinks the facts are on their side.

The truth about anything is complicated. 

If you think someone else is ignorant, that probably means you aren't looking at the same set of facts.

**********I think it's sad that we tend to view others as ignorant or worse yet...enemies.  What ever happenend to "love thy neighbor"?  So much intolerence. Honestly, I think this is the worst "virus" we face.

Respected Contributor
I am not ignorant! I am not a coward! My thread was not directed towards anyone or thread/post. I just don’t understand why threads are started about....weight loss, illness, plastic surgery and there are no truths to the posts just speculation. Example: Marie Osmond (weight loss how it was loss), Chris Cuomo (faking his illness), Dimitri James (plastic surgery).
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
I am not ignorant! I am not a coward! My thread was not directed towards anyone or thread/post. I just don’t understand why threads are started about....weight loss, illness, plastic surgery and there are no truths to the posts just speculation. Example: Marie Osmond (weight loss how it was loss), Chris Cuomo (faking his illness), Dimitri James (plastic surgery).

Oh, jeeze, I'm glad I missed that one! Fascinating how some minds work. @Naturesbeauty 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

Having a different opinion does not make you an "oppressor.". Just a person with a different point of view!

@Zhills, I think you might have missed the intent of that quote. It was in no way referring simply to another view. It's substance has to do with the evil that some has perpetrated, often under the guise of necessity and/or hatred and fear. Do notice the author of the quote.

Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.   Elie Wiesel

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

Oh, jeeze, I'm glad I missed that one! Fascinating how some minds work. @Naturesbeauty 

@suzyQ3 regarding: Chris Cuomo you can read the thread I am posting about under the Wellness Forum titled Chris Cuomo.
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@suzyQ3regarding: Chris Cuomo you can read the thread I am posting about under the Wellness Forum titled Chris Cuomo.

Thanks, @Naturesbeauty.

Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@suzyQ3regarding: Chris Cuomo you can read the thread I am posting about under the Wellness Forum titled Chris Cuomo.

@Naturesbeauty, just went through it. I didn't see anyone state that he was faking, just snide remarks about his actions.

I wonder whether a poster who actually came out said he was faking was poofed.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Silver Lining wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
Wouldn’t it be nice if before posting one would “fact check” the facts before starting a thread and posting. So many untruths are posted here. ✅

You could always do your own fact checking when you read something you're unsure of.

You totally missed the point.

If the point was investigating things you do not understand or agree with I think she got it.

If the point was to degrade other posters who you may not agree, I would hope as adults we would be above that.

@CrazyDaisy My point wasn’t to “degrade” anyone.