Trusted Contributor

I think it is interesting that you are criticising unknown people for stating things that they think are true, yet you have the following included on your own post:  ❤️“We are all different. Don’t judge, understand instead.”❤️

Respected Contributor

I don't see a problem with what @Naturesbeauty said. One doesn't have to name other posters. All you have to do is read the comments made on practically every topic. Too many participants challenging, arguing, and insulting people who don't agree. People believe what they want to believe and knowingly or unknowingly put incorrect "information" out here.

Esteemed Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
Wouldn’t it be nice if before posting one would “fact check” the facts before starting a thread and posting. So many untruths are posted here. ✅

@Naturesbeauty  I agree with you totally.People love to speculate & jump to conclusions without checking the facts.It happens all the time.

Facts do matter.Just because you may dislike a public figure you don't have the right to repeat untruths about them.

"You're entitled to your own opinion.Not your own facts"- Daniel Patrick Moynihan.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ 

Amen to that!

Respected Contributor

But conspiracies are so much more fun than facts. Easier too.

Respected Contributor

Re: Just a thought......

[ Edited ]

Essentially you are asking people to validate their statements.

I disagree with you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just a thought......

[ Edited ]

Most people build their lives on certain beliefs and/or foundations and..........where they tend to get their facts is from places that support  that foundation.  If we could just realize that we don't need to get bent out of shape with another person's opinions.  Really, I think in our nation, facts are becoming obsolete and opinions are replacing them.  If that's the case, just listen and if you disagree and think someone is "dead wrong" ..... you can just say to yourself...."they build their facts and beliefs on a different foundation than I do.  That makes it more acceptable than arguing your point till everyone is blue in the face!   You don't get your facts across that way anyway.  Why waste breath???     

Respected Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
Wouldn’t it be nice if before posting one would “fact check” the facts before starting a thread and posting. So many untruths are posted here. ✅

You could always do your own fact checking when you read something you're unsure of.

Honored Contributor

The problem is that 'facts' in a situation like this are fluid and changing. 

Science is fluid and changing, as are politics, and any number of other things, especially when something we haven't encountered before rears it's head, and is dangerous and deadly like this is. 

The 'facts' we have about this right now are new and changing, and many will only be firmly established well down the road when we look back and have more data to look at. 

In the mean time, I'm glad to hear everyones input, as in my opinion, at this time, it all needs to be considered, and it gives people a heads up to making decisions about their lives and behaviors and how they conduct themselves in this uncharted territory.

Respected Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

You could always do your own fact checking when you read something you're unsure of.

You totally missed the point.