Super Contributor

Re: Just One More Tech Question?

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

'Freezing hearts' turns them into a thumbs up icon!!

After you 'heart someone' and say you did it by mistake-- click on the three gray dots in upper right hand corner of your post (after the post has been put on the thread) and you will see the option there to 'revoke hearts'-- click on that and then hit resubmit or whatever the words are, so that means you can 'unheart or 'unlike' the post you accidentally hit 'like' on.

Thank you Just Jazzmom!  I just turned my heart to you into a thumbs up. Turn Off and Hide Hearts or Hide From Hearts Leaderboard are the two other options.  There's not one that says Revoke Hearts.  Which one of these two would revoke the hearts?

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Jazzy, I've mistakenly 'hearted' twice

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

Say you want to revoke a heart -- you clicked on the post by mistake-- go to the edit on that hearted post and see the drop down menu-- it should say: Revoke my hearts' click on that-- and it will 'remove' the heart you did. Its the 4th option on that drop down menu. I believe you have to resubmit the changes-- same as you do with any post you edit.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

'Freezing hearts' turns them into a thumbs up icon!!

After you 'heart someone' and say you did it by mistake-- click on the three gray dots in upper right hand corner of your post (after the post has been put on the thread) and you will see the option there to 'revoke hearts'-- click on that and then hit resubmit or whatever the words are, so that means you can 'unheart or 'unlike' the post you accidentally hit 'like' on.

Well, what d'ya know!   Your heart icon turned into a thumbs up. (Post #10)

Learned something new - again.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

Okay! I just gave a thumbs up to Lion's post. That's better than the hearts but extra steps.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:
Okay! I just gave a thumbs up to Lion's post. That's better than the hearts but extra steps.

Cool!  

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Super Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Say you want to revoke a heart -- you clicked on the post by mistake-- go to the edit on that hearted post and see the drop down menu-- it should say: Revoke my hearts' click on that-- and it will 'remove' the heart you did. Its the 4th option on that drop down menu. I believe you have to resubmit the changes-- same as you do with any post you edit.

The fourth option when I click on the three dots says "e-mail to a friend."  None of the options that I see say "revoke my hearts."

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Honored Contributor

Are you on a PC or a tablet? Maybe that option is missing from tablet or I Pad? The techs haven't fixed it yet?

Super Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Are you on a PC or a tablet? Maybe that option is missing from tablet or I Pad? The techs haven't fixed it yet?

I'm on a Mac (laptop).  This is strange.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Honored Contributor

@NickNack1

I suggest going onto the Suggestion Box to where they have questions to ask the techs-- and let them know that the Macs are not showing that option as the PCs are. Woman Sad