Honored Contributor

Have a question about threads that have been deleted from the board

Am curious about something.  When the Q moderators delete a whole thread from the boards, do they contact the OP via e-mail with a reason of why it was deleted, and do they give them a warning.....??????

Honored Contributor

Re: Have a question about threads that have been deleted from the board

[ Edited ]
In many instances there is nothing wrong with the OP and no reason to "warn" them about anything. It is other posters who come along later who deliberately derail a thread and cause it to be deleted or frozen.

I would hope that as the moderators see how things are playing out here, they do take note of what types of posts are continuously deleted and which posters make them. They're giving everyone a lot of fairly mellow warnings right now in their explanations, but I would hope that in a month or two they get a lot tougher with deliberate saboteurs.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

That does make sense......  You gave a very good response.  Do you think the moderators give the posters that have caused the thread to be deleted a notice of some kind and a warning????? 

I too have a feeling they will get tougher.......They do want this board to run as smoothly as possible.  Think they are monitoring it much better today than the way they previously did before the change......

Honored Contributor

ShowMe, I don't think they are probably emailing posters at this point. They may not have anticipated needing to on such a scale ;-(

I think that right now they're trying to give everyone, even those who don't deserve it, the benefit of the doubt. No one know the moderators' game plan, but that's okay with me - no reason they should give their plans away. I just hope there is a point where they start banning people, and that they have a new, improved way of insuring they don't turn around and come back the next day as a new persona.
Respected Contributor

I've never started a topic that got removed so I have no idea.

Amazon sends you an email telling you to be nice.  LOL, I've only got one so far and it was over my reply to a guy who was trashing the kindle commercial that has 2 gay guys in it.   He called it the gay agenda and propaganda.  I may have been rude....

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

debc said: "Amazon sends you an email telling you to be nice. LOL, I've only got one so far and it was over my reply to a guy who was trashing the kindle commercial that has 2 gay guys in it. He called it the gay agenda and propaganda. I may have been rude...."

I never understood why Amazon let that guy's posts remain and chided others for their replies to him. I still don't get it, as Amazon's CEO has been a huge supporter of equality causes.

Amazon typically send out two warning emails (though sometimes only one) and the third time you violate, there is no notice - you are totally wiped without warning.
Honored Contributor

I agree with everything you said, moonchilde. I does seem, however, that some get by with baiting another group/poster but get by with it because that person is the only one in the group that's doing it. Thus, their thread/post still gets to stay up. I believe that QVC has the right to run this board anyway it wants to but it would be better if they sent a warning to the individual doing the inappropriate posting.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:
debc said: "Amazon sends you an email telling you to be nice. LOL, I've only got one so far and it was over my reply to a guy who was trashing the kindle commercial that has 2 gay guys in it. He called it the gay agenda and propaganda. I may have been rude...."

I never understood why Amazon let that guy's posts remain and chided others for their replies to him. I still don't get it, as Amazon's CEO has been a huge supporter of equality causes.

Amazon typically send out two warning emails (though sometimes only one) and the third time you violate, there is no notice - you are totally wiped without warning.

I never did either, they're like every board it's a mystery why they remove stuff.  He should have been removed. I've had posts deleted there when a thread goes, but I've only had one warning.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I agree msfoxxie, and I hope at some point QVC will start doing that. I don't know for sure, but I seem to recall people on the old forum saying they had received a warning email or some were given temporary bans, like 3 or 6 months. Perhaps those notifications and actions will be more and faster now. OTOH, QVC may want to be able to say they gave people PLEN-ty of rope, multiple chances and warnings, before they drop the axe.
Honored Contributor

Reminds me of what Judge Judy said one day to a person in HER court.

"This is MY playground , now, buster, and you will play by my rules".

That about sums it up. Nobody is being held prisoner here. People say all the time

"I'm leaving" they never do .