Esteemed Contributor

He left a great legacy.

Respected Contributor

I saw this earlier.   He seemed like a great man. 

R.I.P.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

(CNN)Julian Bond, a lifelong civil rights leader and former board chairman of the NAACP, has died. He was 75.

Bond died Saturday night after a brief illness in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, which he served as founding president in the 1970s.

"Not only has the country lost a hero today, we've lost a great friend," the legal advocacy group said in a statement.

The Tennessee native was on the forefront of the 1960s civil rights movement and was among activists who demanded equal rights for African-Americans.

"With Julian's passing, the country has lost one of its most passionate and eloquent voices for the cause of justice," said Morris Dees, co-founder of the SPLC.

May he RIP.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Re: Julian Bond has died

[ Edited ]

He was young and brilliant.  A fascinating man.  I was intrigued by him.  He dedicated his life to civil rights but kept a low profile.

Now he is part of the ages.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

So sad! I always really, really liked and respected him. He was a great American!

Respected Contributor

Rest in peace Mr.Bond. 

Respected Contributor

I attended a lecture he gave in the 1970s. He was inspiring, by example as well as by his words.  Very handsome man as well.  May he rest in peace.

Respected Contributor

I'm a long time supporter of SPLA and can't believe he's gone. May he RIP.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Trusted Contributor

I respect what he did in the early years, but the SPLC is now a well funded group of hate mongers on their own.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

I attended a lecture he gave in the 1970s. He was inspiring, by example as well as by his words.  Very handsome man as well.  May he rest in peace.

@Burnsite

He certainly was handsome, with a real baby face.  I remember when he first came on the scene, as a founder of SNCC.  Every time I saw him on TV I thought how handsome he was and how young he looked. 

I didn't realize his first name was Horace and Julian was his middle name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Bond