Respected Contributor

Re: Joy Miracle Clean- hazardous?

[ Edited ]

Does anyone remember her "new and improved" Miracle Mop three or four years ago? A record-breaking number of mops were sold, however, the end-result  was an overwhelming number of negative reviews. I bought one but had to return it. I couldn't believe how poorly constructed it was. The only products I give a thumbs up to are the huggable hangers and some of the handbags and totes made by Joy and Iman.

Contributor

And here I thought I was the only one who was sickened by this obnoxious scent!  We sprayed the produt in our stainless steel sink, and could not rinse the scent out.  The microfiber cloths are not bad.  But I will be calling the HNS CS and telling them I am returning my "delightful orange blossom scent"  and not to charge me with postage.  There is no hint of any pleasant scent in this at all.  The idea that the main ingredient is "slightly toxic" is very alarming.

Honored Contributor

I have not looked at the HSN website. Have these cleaners been taken off the site? 

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

I have not looked at the HSN website. Have these cleaners been taken off the site? 

@lovesrecess

No, of course not. Just because some people don’t care for the scent? The product is safe and has been through lots of testing. 

Respected Contributor

@willdob3....I think it's just you and me, girl. So much drama over one cleaning product. Cat LOL  I have been using the cleaner for four days straight with no problems.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@willdob3....I think it's just you and me, girl. So much drama over one cleaning product. Cat LOL  I have been using the cleaner for four days straight with no problems.

@catwhisperer

Yes, it is a lot of drama. Our noses must sense things very differently.

My Orange Blossom doesn’t have a strong scent, doesn’t linger or smell nasty. Admittedly, it doesn’t smell like orange blossom or flowers either but I didn’t buy it to perfume my home. It cleans great so far and that is what I bought it for.

I’ve read good reviews from others, too.

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@catwhisperer wrote:

@catwhisperer

Yes, it is a lot of drama. Our noses must sense things very differently.

My Orange Blossom doesn’t have a strong scent, doesn’t linger or smell nasty. Admittedly, it doesn’t smell like orange blossom or flowers either but I didn’t buy it to perfume my home. It cleans great so far and that is what I bought it for.

I’ve read good reviews from others, too.

My orange blosson is fine too...a mild scent, and more importantly, cleans well!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

It should not have come to this.  They should have had it checked before they sold it.  And honestly rather than make you return it they should have told you to throw it away. What are they going to do with it other than sell it to someone else.  And it will cost them for the return.  

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@catwhisperer. And for the low price....IT was a steal even if you hate the cleaner.  The cleaner isn't the best selling spray.  But, I used it on my stove, and it cleaned well.  It does not smell like orange blossom.  The smell dissipates.  The cleaner works great.  I love the towels and scrubbies it came with--great value!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Thymol can be found in several botanical oils. Thymol, a component of the botanical thyme oil, when used as a disinfectant active ingredient on Seventh Generation disinfection products, kills 99.99% of household germs.

Thymol, is an ingredient derived from common culinary herbs like thyme and others and is known for its antimicrobial properties. Many botanical oils from herbs, including thymol, have been used for thousands of years in Roman, Greek, and Indian medicine

Seventh Generation offers a full line of disinfecting products that feature this unique active ingredient. From disinfecting cleaners and sprays to convenient disinfecting wipes, there is a product for every household need. Want to learn more about disinfecting with Thymol? Visit our friends at CleanWellTM.

Much ado about nothing.   it's in Seventh Generation products too--sold everywhere.  I googled it, and they use it in mouthwashes and pharmaceutical products. 
"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"