Esteemed Contributor

Caught the last bit of the movie Joy the other night and was reminded how much I enjoyed the entire movie.  Jennifer Lawrence was a very appealing Joy!

I know she left HSN some time ago, and she now has a Facebook page that has a mention she will return in May to HSN2.  It's in the comment section posted by someone else, not Joy.  She does not appear to answer questions or participate in anything other than posting pics.

Just curious if anyone has seen her lately.  I know she was not everyone's cup of tea, but I admire her tenacity in creating a successful career. 

And, I bought a boat load of her hangers!Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

I haven't heard a word about her or from her; however I do know that there was a real estate listing for her house in the Tampa Bay area.  This would lead me to believe she might be leaving the area.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I haven't seen her, but I can second that HSN told me she'd be back when I called CS months ago. That was after the Miracle Clean debacle, with all the negative reviews of the thyme-based cleaner, and her merch pages just disappeared. I liked the cleaner and her big purple sponges and wound up buying more of both at great prices from an eBay seller. If I see her on HSN's program list, I'll post back here.

I now have enough Miracle Cleaner to cope with a second pandemic. All four scents of her Miracle Cleaner (Fresh Linen, Warm Vanilla, Spring Meadow, and Orange Blossom) are on a NYS list of EPA-approved disinfectants for SARS-CoV-2. A link to the EPA site, which has a search tool for EPA-approved disinfectants, is at the top of the following PDF:

https://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/materials_minerals_pdf/covid19.pdf

Valued Contributor

Re: Joy Mangano

[ Edited ]

I bought some readers from her awhile ago, a set of 3, and one by one they snapped off at the temple.  

Another failed "discovery" "invention" was her cell phone mini purse with the supposed touch ability through the plastic so you didn't have to remove your phone.  Another failed product and waste of my time and my money.  Yes, she's got hutzpah - supreme self confidence - that's for sure throwing products out there to see what sticks.  

Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann 

What happened with the Miracle Clean?

I have not been a regular viewer of HSN or QVC in years, so I missed it.

I know her products always got mixed reviews.  The only thing I ever bought were the hangers.

Esteemed Contributor

@germanshepherdlove 

Your post reminded me that I bought some of her readers, too, when they were multipack sets.  

My experience has been great with those...I still have tons of them left.  They are all over the house and in a little bucket on my desk.

I got tired of searching for my prescription readers, and these worked out great.

Sorry you had a bad experience with her items Cat Sad

Valued Contributor

@Witchy Woman She did a do-over and made the temples expand for lack of a better description - and I have those as well and they did not snap off at the temples like her first version.  All the money she made off that first version - maybe went into producing a better mouse trap I'm thinking.  

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@noodleann 

What happened with the Miracle Clean?

I have not been a regular viewer of HSN or QVC in years, so I missed it.

I know her products always got mixed reviews.  The only thing I ever bought were the hangers.

It seems the vast majority of people who bought the thymol-based cleaner could not stand the smell. It's definitely odd, but I liked it. Sure beat butyl or bleach. People left scathing reviews, but I don't think that's really why she evaporated. If you Google "Miracle Clean lawsuit" you can see an alternative explanation. The Tampa Bay Times page keeps freezing on me, so I can't read the whole story.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@noodleann  I still have one unopened bottle of Miracle Clean but I am going to miss it when that is gone. Good stuff.

Valued Contributor

Also, a version of her hangers had that velvet finish come off when you removed yor clothing. Also, tees still had shoulder bumps.