Super Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp as Whitey Bulger

On 5/30/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

I think Depp can do just about anything. He's such a talented actor.

His look is the least to do with it, IMO.

I absolutely agree. Few actors can actually inhabit a role, and he is one of the few. I will be interested in how he does with this one.

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Respected Contributor

I will want to see this one for sure. Depp is a fabulous actor and I am looking forward to seeing what he does with this role.

Super Contributor

Maybe this one will break his steak of bad, dumb movies . . . Used to really like, now he's gotten so boring --- I liked the quirky Depp.
Respected Contributor

what EVERY Deep is in...........it's awesome...........so I don't expect this one to be any less.............................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Super Contributor

Spent the day around the house doing "chores": laundry, painting, cooking, etc. Didn't take my usual walk around the neighborhood.

Talking with the neighbors this evening and what do you know? Johnny Depp and the whole movie company was one block over filming all day! {#emotions_dlg.angry}

I think they will be back tomorrow so I'll be out there looking. Usually when I take visitors from out of town around the city, I always include "where whitey dumped the bodies" practically in my backyard (along with the Adams' birthplaces and Peacefields). Glad they are keeping this movie authentic and including that stretch of the Neponset in the film. Wink

Respected Contributor

On 6/9/2014 Linders Back said:

Spent the day around the house doing "chores": laundry, painting, cooking, etc. Didn't take my usual walk around the neighborhood.

Talking with the neighbors this evening and what do you know? Johnny Depp and the whole movie company was one block over filming all day! {#emotions_dlg.angry}

I think they will be back tomorrow so I'll be out there looking. Usually when I take visitors from out of town around the city, I always include "where whitey dumped the bodies" practically in my backyard (along with the Adams' birthplaces and Peacefields). Glad they are keeping this movie authentic and including that stretch of the Neponset in the film. Wink

I AM Jealous..........would love to see Deep in person....................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Esteemed Contributor

Depp or no Depp, it's not entertainment to me to view a psycho mob killer.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

Its also Johnnys 51st birthday today (Monday)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Frequent Contributor

I hope he doesn't over do the accent. Pet peeve of this Bostonian.
Trusted Contributor

On 6/9/2014 Love Roses said:

Depp or no Depp, it's not entertainment to me to view a psycho mob killer.

Millions of Godfather and Goodfellows fans would disagree. They can't just make movies about good people. I just hope they don't try to glamorize this thug.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.