Respected Contributor

John Lewis’ Funeral Tomorrow

@golding76 and everyone:

His funeral starts at 11am ( New York time). From what I understand, there will be 3 Presidents attending. Now that's impressive and extremely well deserved!

I will be watching and crying, as many of you. They will be sad tears for John Lewis's passing and happy tears for his existence and the changes that he brought forth! How he made many of us think.

Everyone, stay well and stay safe. Try to live everyday to the fullest, even now, with everything that's going on. I heard this saying a long time ago, " Life is not a rehearsal. There are no do overs "! 

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

Re: John Lewis’ Funeral Tomorrow

Apparently, Obama will do the eulogy. Presidents GW Bush and Clinton will also be there.

The Carters are not traveling; he's 95 and she's 92.  I wouldn't be traveling at their ages, either. 

Honored Contributor

I am delighted that President Obama will deliver the eulogy.  

Respected Contributor

He was a great man.

Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

I am delighted that President Obama will deliver the eulogy.  

@golding76   Incredibly fitting that President Obama will be delivering Rep. Lewis' eulogy.

....definitely crying for me.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mersha,

I honestly welled up with tears when I heard that President Obama would be the eulogist.

As I was writing in an earlier text that was denied, the word "eulogy" comes from the Greek and means "good words."  

Tomorrow, a good man will speak good words about another good man who is gone, 

Occasional Contributor

John Lewis was an ICON in our American Historu.  I will be watching!

Respected Contributor

@Coquille The funeral was Monday, the 27 th. I know this because they took off "Days of our Lives "

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

@Coquille The funeral was Monday, the 27 th. I know this because they took off "Days of our Lives "

That was not a funeral but a service at the Capitol. The funeral will be aired later this morning at 11.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I hope that people here can show respect for him on the day of his funeral. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything. 

He wrote an op ed to be published on the day of his funeral. I look forward to reading it. I think it's NYTimes, not sure.

I salute you John Lewis. A true force for change, you will never be forgotten.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"