Respected Contributor

Re: Jill Martin

[ Edited ]

'Today' online article.. Jill Martin: We're engaged ... again! Why this time around is different

What I've learned about love — and myself — after getting engaged to my fiancé, Erik Brooks, for a second time.

"This time around it was different. It was beautiful, but it was different," Jill Martin said.

Jill Martin

Jill Martin, Erik Brooks

Jill Martin, Erik Brooks
Regular Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Sounds like not many posters watch the GILI shows. 

Not fan of Jill Martin.  Time to change the channel when she is the vendor.

Honored Contributor

I didn't know she went back to this guy.  I wonder why he broke up with her the first time?  Hope he got over whatever made him hesitate.

Honored Contributor

Second go-rounds rarely work. There are reasons why things didn't work out the first time. 

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I didn't know she went back to this guy.  I wonder why he broke up with her the first time?  Hope he got over whatever made him hesitate.

@San Antonio Gal, I read the article the OP mentioned and Jill seems to say she did the breaking up because they were fighting all the time and it just wasn't working any longer. She called him 18 months after the break-up (they hadn't spoken since) and now they're into their second engagement. Ha! Google Jill Martin engaged again and the article will come up. I was going to quote the first few lines of it but thought that might be against rules here.

Super Contributor

@pupwhipped  I also read the article and it almost seems like Jill Martin is trying to talk herself back into the relationship. 

I hope it works out for them. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Second go-rounds rarely work. There are reasons why things didn't work out the first time. 

You said exactly what I was thinking @SilleeMee .  Didn't work the first time and people rarely change so why is it going to work now?  

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@San Antonio Gal, I read the article the OP mentioned and Jill seems to say she did the breaking up because they were fighting all the time and it just wasn't working any longer. She called him 18 months after the break-up (they hadn't spoken since) and now they're into their second engagement. Ha! Google Jill Martin engaged again and the article will come up. I was going to quote the first few lines of it but thought that might be against rules here.

@pupwhipped  - I thought I read 18 months ago that he was the one that called it off and she was so heart broken.  Maybe she's trying to save face now.  Heck, who knows.

Esteemed Contributor

I read - on a vacation with his kids - a daughter expressed her unhappiness with Jill.  Dad caved I guess.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I read - on a vacation with his kids - a daughter expressed her unhappiness with Jill.  Dad caved I guess.

Uh oh - if the daughter doesn't like the wife-to-be, I see rocky times ahead....