Respected Contributor

Re: Jill B will appear on TODAY

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

All right then... petty, bitter and pitiful because one isn't particularly a Jill fan and has very little interest in her upcoming segment or, for that matter, in her second (or third...) act... and dares to say so... While I'd agree there's nothing wrong with marketing herself and there's no reason to be 'embarrassed' by this appearance, it doesn't make anyone evil not to be enthralled by her or by it... As for how funny it might (or might not...) be that those with little interest in Jill, the Today show or the topic would choose to comment, perhaps the level of interest is in seeing other poster's comments or the extent to which some appear to be invested in going to bat for Jill Bauer...

@stevieb, I've seen dedicated and invested groupies for hosts here at times, but I truly think that it's a stretch to consider any posts here to qualify. People are mostly just saying that there's nothing with her doing something else with her life now.

This. Some of the comments here are unbelievable.

Honored Contributor

I deleted my post in this thread. Posters who may seem interested were called clueless, acting stupid, not able to cope, no common sense, etc,etc. The name calling was unnecessary and nasty.

People can be so d*** rude. I’ll think more than twice before I post about anything I might like on here.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I just watched Jill's video, she doesn't have a date as to when she will appear on The Today Show. Jill said send her your videos, her "team" will look through them. How does she have a team, unless they are her friends and family helping her out.

@Jordan2   I always thought she was a bit bossy ,  now "  her team".  Lol  give me a break😆

Honored Contributor

women supporting women quotes  When women support each other, incredible things happen.  

Trusted Contributor

Good on Jill.

You go, Girlfriend!Woman Very Happy

An NBC gig is rather epic, so ignore the haters.

dee

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

Please ignore the haters. Some people just cannot give a hardworking woman a shout out, even with her Q departure being less than ideal. 

Jill is a phenomenal, professional, and knowledgable woman, IMO, and I am so happy she has landed on her feet. Anybody here with half a brain probably watched (even with their professed hatred of JB) the fellow hosts, vendors, QVC CEO, etc, lined up to wish her well on her farewell show. Someone like that probably should not be hated.

dee

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I deleted my post in this thread. Posters who may seem interested were called clueless, acting stupid, not able to cope, no common sense, etc,etc. The name calling was unnecessary and nasty.

People can be so d*** rude. I’ll think more than twice before I post about anything I might like on here.

Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

Please ignore the haters. Some people just cannot give a hardworking woman a shout out, even with her Q departure being less than ideal. 

Jill is a phenomenal, professional, and knowledgable woman, IMO, and I am so happy she has landed on her feet. Anybody here with half a brain probably watched (even with their professed hatred of JB) the fellow hosts, vendors, QVC CEO, etc, lined up to wish her well on her farewell show. Someone like that probably should not be hated.

dee

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@deedledeedeedle   I like Jill very much and was sorry when she left.  I watched her farewell show but did not see the QVC CEO.  Was he there?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

@kitcat51You overestimate some of us .  My refrig would drive an organizer to starvation!    

Food isn't stored in the fridge long term, eat it or it gets thrown out. People make things too hard...the idea that anyone would need help with something so basic is mind boggling. I think people like to pretend they're clueless, need help, can't cope...they think it's cute. Use common sense, put like things together & throw out what can't be used...so easy a child could do it & in my house they do.

@kitcat51 

Some people just love to pretend to be helpless.  I think they do it for attention.  JMO

Valued Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

they did? I didnt say any post calling people names like that on this thread.

My thoughts on this are, when people spend 25 years in the business of selling like Jill did, they don't move on to something completely different and foreign to them. She set herself up at QVC as a lifestyle guru with her At home shows so now she's using that and her built in audience of followers to do pretty much the same thing. I guess the difference is she doesn't have a company telling her what to sell and what hours to work. 

As for me, I find all these shows tedious and boring. I don't need anyone to tell me how to organize, purge my house or decorate. I've been just fine on my own doing those things. But if someone else gets the motivation to clean, organize and purge from watching someone on TV or Youtube get them started, go for it!

I don't know, personally it seems like these hosts made gazillions of dollars and live very, very well. If it were me, I;d say that was enough and enjoy my home, kids, pets, traveling and friends. But that's just me

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I wrote that many like to PRETEND they are those things, not that they are...I'm sorry that my comment upset you but it's true. I like Jill & miss her on Q but would like to see a segment by her be about something useful & come on, putting items in a fridge is simply using your common sense.