Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jessica Simpson reveals...

@momtochloe Too often, my first reactions have been 'ugh.' I used to be awful at this. Now, after living life and experiencing more, I'm learning to it doesn't cost anything to first TRY to trust intentions of others. We can always reverse our stance when we learn more truth. JS has shown us for years she's needy at the core. Don't want to kick her. Have a wonderful weekend.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read the People article. She told her parents that the daughter of a family friend was touching her inappropriately.  Molesting her. They never went to visit again, but they also never talked about this with Jessica or sought professional help for her.

When she was trying to get signed to a record label Tommy Mottola told her she needed to lose 15 pounds. She weighed 118 at the time. A doctor prescribed her a stimulant and she also got hooked on diet pills for 20 years. Self medicated with alcohol for anxiety.

This is all a very relatable cautionary tale, when sexual abuse and body image issues and anxiety affect people and they don't receive proper treatment and therapy. She did eventually do that. As a Mom of young children she had to confront these issues head on.

"Never let the facts get in the way of a good story"
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@jeanlake wrote:

Wisdom comes with age and JS is getting older. If she can help one person, terrific. I wouldn't buy her book or watch a Lifetime Movie about it but hope she can help someone.

I'm trying to do better in my own life trusting other people's intentions - not to be fooled - I'm tough to fool - but do better not judging others' intentions. 

@jeanlake  I just want to thank you for your post and I couldn't agree more.  To be honest, my initial reaction was ugh but then I took a moment to think back on some of the articles I have read about her (and especially her father) and realized she probably had more pressure on her than most folks may know.  She has always seemed very harmless to me and I wish her and her family the very best going forward.  I at first thought this was a money/fame grab but now I do not and if she helps a few people along the way, all the better.

GAH further to this post this is why I have such a problem believing anything that comes out of celebrities heads.  Thank goodness Jessica shared that photo off of her balcony of where Kobe's helicopter went down as goodness knows there wasn't enough press coverage of the same:

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/27/jessica-simpson-shares-photo-of-backyard-view-where-kobe-bryant-crash...

Esteemed Contributor

I have nothing to say about her, except she sure does make beautiful children. Oh that sweet Birdie Mae...

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett