Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I'm happy to say it isn't a whole day, just a small moment.  ;-)

@GingerPeach

LOL! I should've said 'cranky' times!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Jericho IS ALIVE

[ Edited ]

@reiki604 wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

Thanks, @KingstonsMom

That's the first news I looked for this am when I woke up!  What an excellent way to start the day!  I knew you would have reported it even before I logged in here.  Great news!  I wish we could all go out for brunch together to celebrate.

Go out to brunch to celebrate? Where is the outrage for the slaughter of an unanthropomorphized lion whose pride is now left undefended?

Reiki604

The Joy for a Save, does not cancel Sorrow for a Loss.   Humans are not mono empathic.  

I for one will take this moment to be grateful for Jericho.  Spending much of my life in the cause of rescuing animals I see the good, the bad, and the really bad - in that world burn-out is common.  Each good moment must be called out and celebrated to help the spirit to stay strong in the work.  

'In the midst of life we are in the presence of death.'

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's been a roller coaster of emotions in these past 24 hours. So happy that Jericho is alive and that he has been photographed. If another lion was killed the same time as Cecil, justice must be served for this majestic creature as well. And as for Walter Palmer, you can run but you can't hide - including behind the hides of all the innocent creatures that you slaughtered. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy for the good news, still very sad that Jericho is mourning.  My gosh, what has man done to this beautiful planet of ours.  Let's work on our own planet before we waste time exploring others, and end up ruining those planets, too.    Edited to say that I often say things that I don't completely mean.  I'm just hoping that the explorers of tomorrow will be very careful, not to harm anyone or anything on other planets. And 'leave well-enough alone'. That's all. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jericho - High Alert for Hunters and Poachers

Jericho the lion has a security team to ensure he isn't hunted and killed like his kindred spirit, Cecil.

An official from the Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force tells TMZ, a research team is monitoring Jericho's every move and are ready to pounce if anything looks suspicious.

Jericho has taken over alpha male duties for the pride, and if he's killed the animals that were once under Cecil's watch will be unprotected in the wild.

Researchers are tracking Jericho as best they can with a GPS device.

A report surfaced Saturday that Jericho was killed, which thankfully turned out to be false.  

Officials in Zimbabwe have put a ban on hunting lions around the park in question, and if any poachers are spotted in the area, authorities will take swift action.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz3hkXH4Ho8

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

According to TMZ, the Zimbabwes are giving Jericho security.  I'm glad for this, except that the vast space he travels is probably impossible to keep secure, and I think that enough money can probably buy anything in Zimbabwe, including looking the other way.

Let's just hope Jericho can be protected.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/03/jericho-the-lion-poachers-hunters-cecil/

Honored Contributor

Blessings to all of the protected animals, and to all of the wild animals.  And to all of the people who work very hard to keep  animals safe and healthy.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).