Honored Contributor

Jericho IS ALIVE

[ Edited ]

Let's hope it is accurate that Jericho is still moving around as per his GPS readings and that someone hasn't just picked up his tracker and is moving around with it:

Click for LINK to the article.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Frequent Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Let's hope it is accurate that Jericho is still moving around as per his GPS readings and that someone hasn't just picked up his tracker and is moving around with it:

LINK

I would love for this to be the case.  He's the only one who can protect the cubs too.  I'm sick about Cecil and the hunters who hurt (or killed) Jericho.  They've got to be stopped. 

Honored Contributor

I hope it's true.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

The article says he was with a female all day and there may have been confusion between Jericho and another lion (who unfortunately was killed).

LINK to article

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

Maybe he's just hiding out. He knows what's going on there in that blood-sport Zimbabwe of his. He isn't stupid.

I truly hope he's (alive and) attached to the collar still. And that its not just some poacher walking around with it as to keep authorities from ever finding evidence of the fact they killed yet another protected animal.

Super Contributor

Re: Jericho might be ALIVE

[ Edited ]

Homegirl, thank you for this thread.  I also posted a similar thread with a link to buzzfeed.com - crossing fingers Jericho is alive!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/the-lion-king-but-scar-is-a-good-guy#.ryVbV1aAM

Valued Contributor

i hope this is the case but does that mean another one was murdered? I hate big game hunting.

here's a very recent tweet from the zimbabwe consevatory:

CecilTheLion Jericho was alive and well this afternoon! Jericho is safe! He will protect CecilTheLion 's cubs!! Zimbabwe

it's now 10:30 p.m. in zimbabwe. 

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Valued Contributor

gps

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor

Praying with all of my heart that this is true and am awaiting POSITIVE PROOF that dear Jericho is indeeed still alive and is caring for his beloved brother's precious cubs.

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

Please, please, please, please......I'm praying so hard.