Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@teller212 wrote:
Was watching the Hairuwear special value with Jane and she had on the blondish wig and the lighter color hair took years of her face...she should lighten her hair as it would probably do the same for her. As the years add up darker hair makes you look old.

Really??...hmmm. I was born with black hair. I'm 63 now and it's still naturally black, not one single gray hair...not going to change it. Woman Happy btw - I'm Asian and imo lighter hair makes us look older. Highlights on Asian hair tends to turn out looking orange or yellow.

@SilleeMee.....I think what folks are talking about when they mention black hair is the died black hair to cover up the grey that is coming in.  That does tend to make some folks look older.  Fully understand what you are saying.  

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee

My BF is Dutch/Indonesian.  She has the most beautiful head of hair.  Long, shiny and not one gray hair.  She's 73 years young.   Smiley Very Happy

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@SilleeMee

My BF is Dutch/Indonesian.  She has the most beautiful head of hair.  Long, shiny and not one gray hair.  She's 73 years young.   Smiley Very Happy

She sound's beautiful! Woman Happy @pommom

Regular Contributor

@teller212 wrote:
Was watching the Hairuwear special value with Jane and she had on the blondish wig and the lighter color hair took years of her face...she should lighten her hair as it would probably do the same for her. As the years add up darker hair makes you look old.

People have been saying that for years but for some reason Jane thinks her Mrs. Cleaver look is just the bees knees. It isn't but what can you do? If she wants to look dowdy and QVC lets her go on-air looking like that, there's not much you can do.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee

She's striking.  Olive complexion w/green eyes.  Make up optional skin.  Beautiful heart as well.  Good, good person.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Regular Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

Yes, about 12:45am when QVC was on the TV,  I glanced up from my laptop and said to myself, oh that's Tony Brattin the pretty wig lady.  No, it was Jane wearing a blond really highlighted short bob wig.  She looked completely different!  Really great because the color was perfect on her. I'm sure her husband wouldn't mind that look on her either.

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Huge Hannah wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

Yes, about 12:45am when QVC was on the TV,  I glanced up from my laptop and said to myself, oh that's Tony Brattin the pretty wig lady.  No, it was Jane wearing a blond really highlighted short bob wig.  She looked completely different!  Really great because the color was perfect on her. I'm sure her husband wouldn't mind that look on her either.

Woman Wink

Ya know why blonds have more fun? ... Because you can see them in the dark.Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMeeNaturally black hair on an older person is one thing; dyed black hair on an older person is quite another.

Respected Contributor

I also disagree that going lighter as you age is less aging. I think it more depends on what color actually accents your skin tone and eye color the best. Some women can pull off lighter, some just can’t. Hair color enhances everything if the right shade is used.

I have dark brown hair naturally and medium brown eyes - with a pink undertone to my skin. Anything with golden accents looks awful on me. It actually just took me quite awhile before realizing this of course, as I always liked those colors, but they actually do absolutely nothing for me.

I have found that a rich brown with a berry undertone is best for me. Brings out a bit of natural flush in my cheeks as well.

Using a shade that compliments is the best way to go at any age. And that will certainly vary depending on each person.

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

I thought that lighter color on Jane looked awesome! It did make her look younger, and it really brightened her complexion.

The first thing I thought was "Jane, buy that wig! You have 30 days to return it if you don't love it". LOL

I like the style of the one she had on. It was the pixie one. Pretty similar to her own style, just a lighter color.

I am just afraid of wigs. Wigs look like wigs to me, no matter how much you pay for them. Even real hair wigs look like wigs to me. That doesn't mean they don't look nice on others, I would just feel out of my comfort zone to wear one.