Honored Contributor

Re: Jacque Gonzales

[ Edited ]

@LibbyLib wrote:

@Tukey PTSD stands for post traumatic shock disorder, and it can happen to many people, not just the military. Children who experience severe abuse or anyone who's been in a terrible car accident; essentially, a traumatic event that your mind doesn't know how to cope with. It's very sad, and very misunderstood. Hope that helps! Smiley Happy

Survivor myself child abduction. Won't go into my story. Most unfamiliar with what happens to someone with PTSD. Thank you- For highlighting the importance of understanding. Have tools take me happy safe place. No medication, specifically trained therapist who gently took my hand along with light therapy. Forever grateful. Before finding her years of torment. No longer live in fear.
Honored Contributor

@LibbyLib wrote:

@Tukey PTSD stands for post traumatic shock disorder, and it can happen to many people, not just the military. Children who experience severe abuse or anyone who's been in a terrible car accident; essentially, a traumatic event that your mind doesn't know how to cope with. It's very sad, and very misunderstood. Hope that helps! Smiley Happy

It's actually post traumatic stress disorder. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Jacque Gonzales

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@LibbyLib wrote:

It's actually post traumatic stress disorder. 

So what, supposedly, was her trauma... She always seemed like a lovely person, but she also frequently struck me as being a bit 'out there'. I no longer watch QVC regularly so I wouldn't miss her presence, and to be truthful, she wasn't among the very, very few hosts I preferred watching anyway.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I do not think Jacque had PTSD.  Puhhhlleeeze.

Jacque is a lovely, kind, gracious woman.  I met her.  I had a conversation with her at a Beauty Bash dinner.  She is a doll.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Who said Jacque had PTSD?  Did she say she had it?

I wouldn't spread those rumors.  Those are hurtful and damaging comments--if they are not true.

Valued Contributor

Jacque posted it on her facebook page.

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I do not think Jacque had PTSD.  Puhhhlleeeze.

Jacque is a lovely, kind, gracious woman.  I met her.  I had a conversation with her at a Beauty Bash dinner.  She is a doll.

She said so herself, win.

Esteemed Contributor

@LibbyLib

I've been driving for 49 years - and thru the years was involved in approx. 10 car accidents --- where it was stop and go traffic - and the person behind me forgot to stop - and would hit the back of my car. In the year 2000, I was exiting the open parking lot of my lawyers office (I had a workers comp claim against my employer) --- and saw an 18 wheeler drive down the street and stop (it was a side street with no other cars). So - I exited the parking lot and the dumb guy starts backing up the 18 wheeler - and the back of the truck landed on the hood of my car. I kept honking my horn - but he never stopped. Several people ran out of the building and I had a witness. This was a major Trucking Company - and it said RENT IT in big letter on the truck. I had to have arthroscopic knee surgery and I'm still traumatized 17 yrs later. I freak out in a car - whether I'm driving or someone is driving me. I used to love driving around --- but now I'm panicky and just want to go home. The trucking company's insurance only paid to repair my car and my medical bills. I received no money for my injury. Someone referred me to this lawyer - who I couldn't stand - and I always felt that he kept the money I should have received. When involved in an accident, I don't understand why insurance companies .make the checks out to the law firms - and the lawyer is then supposed to write a check to the client. There's absolutely no way to find out if they kept my money.

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

Who said Jacque had PTSD?  Did she say she had it?

I wouldn't spread those rumors.  Those are hurtful and damaging comments--if they are not true.

----------

I wasn't being hurtful, Jacque mentioned it herself and I think she is very brave to come forward.  Granted, I'd like to know the cause, but if she chooses not to reveal it, I'd certainly respect her decision.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, all, for the clarification.  I rarely go to her FB page, and I rarely go to any current hosts' facebook page.

I didn't know she admitted it.

Either way, she's a lovely and gracious woman.  I liked her on the Q.