Esteemed Contributor

I am so glad I gave up all of the home shopping networks when I retired.  For many years I was my sole support and was fortunate to have a great paying job with Warner Bros Studios in Burbank, CA.  Even in my young days when raising a family I was the one handling the money and I learned how to shop wisely.

Yes, I spent quite a bit of money with the three shopping networks and still have lots of jewelry to show for it.  However, I didn't spend foolishly and still don't.  By staying away from the networks I have no temptation and that's the way I like it.

I don't care to order clothing simply because too often things didn't fit and I had to deal with returning them.  Other essentials can be bought in stores.  So ladies, I am happy you are enjoying the shows and ordering whatever it is you order, it just isn't and hasn't been my thing for many years. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  I must have picked up shopping where you left off, as I now shop at the three major shopping networks(and other places)😁. I really enjoy bargain shopping, but also indulging myself sometimes, as I did with my recent handbag purchase.

I think you have a very healthy shopping perspective-if only I could.😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma  I must have picked up shopping where you left off, as I now shop at the three major shopping networks(and other places)😁. I really enjoy bargain shopping, but also indulging myself sometimes, as I did with my recent handbag purchase.

I think you have a very healthy shopping perspective-if only I could.😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles ...Speaking of handbags, that was a weakness of mine and I had lots of them.  Still love buying them, just not as many. Woman Very Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

People don't seem to grasp that QVC depends heavily on profits from s&h to balance the books.  Some quarters it's the only thing that keeps them out if the red.  Probably more important than ever right now.  In short - Free shipping?  They can't afford it.

@Kachina624 

I know that too well.  I just put a WEN gallon in my cart.  $27.47 shipping, so QVC makes a butt-load in shipping off of HI & AK customers.  Good thing I love my WEN!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Re: JUST CURIOUS

[ Edited ]

@Linmo wrote:

QVC was one of the first online retailers and developed quite a following with people who are now in their senior years.  My mom was the one who turned me on to it.  She is no longer able to watch due to her health.  I like a couple of current brands that they offer, but overall, their prices are not very competitive anymore.  As more of us senior folks age and pass, I think they'll have a harder time appealing to younger consumers.   I do appreciate their customer service.  

@Linmo 

My mama turned me on to QVC, too.  When she was alive, we would call each other to find out who ordered what.  She never had a computer and didn't shop QVC.com, but I had fun looking things up for her.  I've lost count of how many times, she'd call and ask me to look up something from a show that she missed and give her the item number so she could order it.  She's been gone 2 years now & to this day, when I'm watching certain shows I immediately think, "mama would like that".  I miss her so much; I don't think I'll ever stop watching QVC because of those memories. 😢

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Prices are bound to be going up everywhere as the country is reopening.  Businesses will have no choice but to charge more  since their supplies will cost more.  

Honored Contributor

With all the b&m stores going away--unfortunately--I think QVC, et al have a chance of surviving.  They will have to stay competitive with more variety, better s&h but a lot of people like the "convenience" and of actually seeing the items on real people.  Time will tell.

Honored Contributor

QVC prices are high, if you shop with other retailers, they have sales, so for you that think their prices are not high, you need to compare.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

With all the b&m stores going away--unfortunately--I think QVC, et al have a chance of surviving.  They will have to stay competitive with more variety, better s&h but a lot of people like the "convenience" and of actually seeing the items on real people.  Time will tell.

@kaydee50   You made a very important point. 

The Q sells from so many clothing vendors it can be difficult to really know what a brand is all about.

Plus showing the look on women of all shapes and sizes is important.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

You can shop other sites and get some amazing bargains.  I recently bought two classic and heavier knit classic jackets from Talbots for a total of $30 each.  And in petite sizes, I might add.  And the vast majority of sites offer free shipping when you spend a specific amount.  And when I purchase with LLBean, and use their charge card, shipping is free, and any return shipping back to them is free.