Valued Contributor

How does QVC plan to stay in business with their horrible prices, delivery charges and constantly late deliveries when the USA goes into another great recession - and it is sadly coming.

Respected Contributor

It is a valid niche.  The question is how big a niche.

Trusted Contributor

QVC has survived the pandemic, hence it will thrive post COVID-19.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

Well, NM, JCP and Hertz all filed for bankruptcy so far and there will probably be more to come.

I do not think the Q is quite at that stage yet, and hopefully never, but smart businesses figure out what their customers want and try to be the best at providing the service or the product.

Change is a constant.

Honored Contributor

@grooms    QVC's prices are not horrible.  Their clothing prices are less than comparable online retailers for similar merchandise.  Their $3.50 shipping charge is more reasonable than most.  Customer service is suffering the same fate as CS with other companies.

Aren't you glad you can shop wherever you wish?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: JUST CURIOUS

[ Edited ]

@grooms I know the global financial picture looks bleak right now-it really does, and is very disheartening. I am probably one among many customers that will continue shopping here until it is no longer wise to.(fingers crossed that doesn't happen)🤞

I am howver, being a little more selective about how I shop--TSV, clearance, 6 easy pays, etc. Retail therapy is one of the ways I am handling the stress of it all.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Re: JUST CURIOUS

[ Edited ]

QVC needs to offer free shipping with a minimum purchase; one of the few companies I have not see do this. This simple change could help them immensely. It's called being competitive. 

Honored Contributor

People don't seem to grasp that QVC depends heavily on profits from s&h to balance the books.  Some quarters it's the only thing that keeps them out if the red.  Probably more important than ever right now.  In short - Free shipping?  They can't afford it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

People don't seem to grasp that QVC depends heavily on profits from s&h to balance the books.  Some quarters it's the only thing that keeps them out if the red.  Probably more important than ever right now.  In short - Free shipping?  They can't afford it.

It's going to come to the point that they can't afford NOT to.

Respected Contributor

QVC was one of the first online retailers and developed quite a following with people who are now in their senior years.  My mom was the one who turned me on to it.  She is no longer able to watch due to her health.  I like a couple of current brands that they offer, but overall, their prices are not very competitive anymore.  As more of us senior folks age and pass, I think they'll have a harder time appealing to younger consumers.   I do appreciate their customer service.