Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

wow! some of you really want to rain on the parade of the ones who thought this looked nice.  not everyone likes or enjoys the same thing. shame on you for making someone feel bad about a purchase. 

It may look nice, but does it hold up? Customers want to know what they are actually getting, not just a pretty purse from TV.

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

It may look nice, but does it hold up? Customers want to know what they are actually getting, not just a pretty purse from TV.

None of Joy's products stand the test of time imo, some of Iman's clothing pieces I've been happy with due to the price point.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a Joy/Iman tote a couple of years ago....should have sent it back, but ended up donating it. It was a cheap piece and I learned my lesson from that and a few other things that Joy was selling. Iman has a nice line of clothing that I like, but I stay away from anything with Joy's name on it.

Valued Contributor

Re: JOY AND IMAN TS BAG

[ Edited ]

I have several of Joy's bags, and have been disappointed with each for various reasons. They are still usable, and look good but just don't have the quality of expensive bags. However, I bought an Ettiene Aigner bag and it is starting to look shabby. Some bags are not built for everyday use. A Diane Gilman bag I bought looked gorgeous but turned out to be fabric sewn to cardboard, real cardboard pieces. So I switch out occassionally to keep them nicer longer. Remember when women matched their bags to their shoes whenever they went out? Does anyone still do that?

Anyway, I am giving Joy one more chance just because I loved this pairing for the price. We'll see how they are in person.

Respected Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

@kittyloo wrote:

wow! some of you really want to rain on the parade of the ones who thought this looked nice.  not everyone likes or enjoys the same thing. shame on you for making someone feel bad about a purchase. 

Nobody is shaming anyone or trying to make someone feel bad about their purchase. We are all entitled to our own  honest opinion.  Would you rather have someone lie about what they think?  I am glad to read a thumbs down or thumbs up opinion.  Has prevented me from making some stupid spur of the moment purchases.  Maybe you should go hide in your safe space if this offends you.  Geesh.

@IamDoodles ~ 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@kittyloo.  I daresay the comments were made by those who've actually seen and touched these bags to those who haven't.  If I was considering a purchase, I'd appreciate hearing comments from those who have bought it, wouldn't you?  I think nobody enjoys using their hard-earned money to buy junk.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@kittyloo wrote:

@kittyloo.  I daresay the comments were made by those who've actually seen and touched these bags to those who haven't.  If I was considering a purchase, I'd appreciate hearing comments from those who have bought it, wouldn't you?  I think nobody enjoys using their hard-earned money to buy junk.

I remember you tried to warn me, but I tried them anyway. Returned! Lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624  there is a difference between giving a opinion on a product, didn't care for it, was cheap looking whatever, and making a poster feel like they just made a huge mistake buying something.  while i was reading the posts it seemed like everyone was just jumping in with negativity, and bashing. that's never cool. yes, i want you to tell me if it was a inferior product, but i do not want you to make me feel foolish for liking it. there is a difference. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

Joy overhypes everything.  If this is like any of her other Joy/Iman bags it is probably cheap inferior leather that will end up in the donation bag if you buy it.  Even if it were any good, I wouldn't buy it. I wouldn't buy any bag that displays the Joy/Iman label on the front.  Not something I would be proud of.  No no no.  I bet Iman is glad she is done with this collaboration with Joy.  It degrades Iman to be associated with succh low quality.  

Hi @IamDoodles .. thanks for your comments.  As a result, I attempted to cancel my orders.  However, it was too late.  But the CS Rep waived the return shipping costs for me.  I guess I will make the final determination as to whether I will keep them.... but right now it isn't looking too good.  

Hi @IamDoodles......  I received the Cabernet Today's Special last night.   It is all packed up and ready to be shipped back to HSN.  Very poor quality leather ..... and just plain ugly IMHO.  The dark platinum one is also going to be returned. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm not purse shaming because I bought one of her bags severals years ago.  Looked great on TV but not so much in person.  Also fell for some silly scent sticks that were supposed to last forever but had zero scent from day one.  Twice burned from Joy so I no longer line her pockets.