Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

Joy overhypes everything.  If this is like any of her other Joy/Iman bags it is probably cheap inferior leather that will end up in the donation bag if you buy it.  Even if it were any good, I wouldn't buy it. I wouldn't buy any bag that displays the Joy/Iman label on the front.  Not something I would be proud of.  No no no.  I bet Iman is glad she is done with this collaboration with Joy.  It degrades Iman to be associated with succh low quality.  

Hi @IamDoodles .. thanks for your comments.  As a result, I attempted to cancel my orders.  However, it was too late.  But the CS Rep waived the return shipping costs for me.  I guess I will make the final determination as to whether I will keep them.... but right now it isn't looking too good.  

Hi @IamDoodles......  I received the Cabernet Today's Special last night.   It is all packed up and ready to be shipped back to HSN.  Very poor quality leather ..... and just plain ugly IMHO.  The dark platinum one is also going to be returned. 

Hi 

I am so sorry, but I tried to warn you.  At least you don't have to pay shipping to send that junk back. Oh well, live and learn right?  Isn't it a joke how she compares her bags to Hermes, Gucci, Chanel, Louis Vitton?  She needs to be medicated!  hahaha

Valued Contributor

With the holidays I hadn't opened my package of these items until yesterday...

WOW!  I was so disappointed!  IMO they were very cheaply made and the logo on both was crooked!  They were just awful!    I do have a couple of jOy's totes that i use, and while not the best made, they work fine for back/forth to work!  I usually purchase  D&B(for years) and Coach, so I am not sure what possessed me!  They just weren't for me at all.  Packed and in my car to take to UPS this afternoon!

Honored Contributor

@Fifi1 wrote:

With the holidays I hadn't opened my package of these items until yesterday...

WOW!  I was so disappointed!  IMO they were very cheaply made and the logo on both was crooked!  They were just awful!    I do have a couple of jOy's totes that i use, and while not the best made, they work fine for back/forth to work!  I usually purchase  D&B(for years) and Coach, so I am not sure what possessed me!  They just weren't for me at all.  Packed and in my car to take to UPS this afternoon!

Sorry this happened.  Joy has these great ideas but sadly the quality is not there.  I think I may have posted before that I purchased her sheet system where top sheet was connected to the foot of the sheet.  I loved this idea because top sheets are a pain for me.  Anyway the fitted sheet literally shredded in some areas.  I have purchased sheets for years and never had one shred.  A lot of my sheets were from Kmart.  And she had that cleaner fiasco.  I think she needs to regroup and make sure her products are made properly.  I did notice during the presentation of these bags that Iman was there but really did not say much.  Iman seems to have integrity and is probably not happy that she partnered with her.  Iman's items are quality.  

Honored Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

Joy overhypes everything.  If this is like any of her other Joy/Iman bags it is probably cheap inferior leather that will end up in the donation bag if you buy it.  Even if it were any good, I wouldn't buy it. I wouldn't buy any bag that displays the Joy/Iman label on the front.  Not something I would be proud of.  No no no.  I bet Iman is glad she is done with this collaboration with Joy.  It degrades Iman to be associated with succh low quality.  

Hi @IamDoodles .. thanks for your comments.  As a result, I attempted to cancel my orders.  However, it was too late.  But the CS Rep waived the return shipping costs for me.  I guess I will make the final determination as to whether I will keep them.... but right now it isn't looking too good.  

Hi @IamDoodles......  I received the Cabernet Today's Special last night.   It is all packed up and ready to be shipped back to HSN.  Very poor quality leather ..... and just plain ugly IMHO.  The dark platinum one is also going to be returned. 

Hi 

I am so sorry, but I tried to warn you.  At least you don't have to pay shipping to send that junk back. Oh well, live and learn right?  Isn't it a joke how she compares her bags to Hermes, Gucci, Chanel, Louis Vitton?  She needs to be medicated!  hahaha

Medicated lol.  I am not sure how she can just  say anything about her products when she has to know  it is not true.  Who is in charge of testing products before they go on air, also how does she get the Good Housekeeping seal of approval?  that use to mean something.

Valued Contributor

yellow919 -

I love her hangers and little steamers!  I have bought many for friends and they all love them too.  I think her ideas are good, and trying to keep price point down for many consumers is great, just may be not for handbaags! 

Happy New Year!

Honored Contributor

Re: JOY AND IMAN TS BAG

[ Edited ]

Maybe her continual shoddy merchandise is one reason Qurate shut down her Ingenious Designs facility in NY and Joy is going/gone from HSN along with many of her items! 

Valued Contributor

It's laughable to compare her bags to Gucci and other designer bags. They should be embrassed.

Honored Contributor

@Fifi1 wrote:

yellow919 -

I love her hangers and little steamers!  I have bought many for friends and they all love them too.  I think her ideas are good, and trying to keep price point down for many consumers is great, just may be not for handbaags! 

Happy New Year!

I do have her jewelry bags with the removable pouches they are nice.  It is hit and miss with Joy's products.  I  am hoping she will continue with new ideas and materials.  i only hear good things about her steamers and hangers.  she could have retired with the sale of her hangers alone.Smiley Happy  I wonder if HSN will have some sort of party for her?

Esteemed Contributor

Part of the presentation for one of her bags (maybe more) in the last year or two included videos from “customers” praising the bag for how nice it was. I almost ordered, but there were so many reviews or comments in the community re: the lack of quality of previous bags, I didn’t. 

Aside from Joy’s bags and other things, there are a couple of things about HSN that I don’t like. They will actually sell things out of your cart. If they’re in your cart and you don’t check out before they sell out, they will sell your item to someone else who’s ordering.

And one more thing…their returns. If you order with your HSN card, it has been that you can make six returns a year and while you pay $6.95 to send it back with their label, you will be credited $5 spendable kash for each return. But sometimes you don’t get the return label and it has shipped from California or something. If you live in California, I guess that’s OK. But I don’t. And two times I wanted to return things and it cost more than $20 to mail each item.  I don’t know if there’s any way of knowing in advance where the item’s coming from or if you will get a return label with it. Maybe they will “embrace” the Q’s return policies...return  label with everything and cost based on weight.

Keepin' it real.
Contributor

I purchased one of their bags last summer.  Right out of the box the odor that came off of it was vile.  The quality was poor to say the least, and the thing was sent out to return that very day.  I will never order from that line again!