Honored Contributor

@sidsmomI don't find the humor in a person being killed.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@sidsmomI don't find the humor in a person being killed.

Exactly where did she say she found humor in a persons death?

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

It's been 54 yrs - and I remember it like yesterday. Only insiders were aware that John F. Kennedy, Jackie - and others - would be in a convertible car. Soooo obvious!!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

Also one of JFKs paramour s was Judith Exabe (who also was very close to a big Mob boss) which possibly could be a motive)....

Esteemed Contributor

Surely somebody knows something.... so bizarre. I have my theory but nothing to back it up. Never have trusted Lyndon or J. Edgar. Again, zero to back up my suspicions. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Okay I am a GenXer.  Never heard about the mob thing.  What was the jist of that one? 

Why would the mob want the President dead?    RICO was several years away.  I know JFK had lots of rumored extracurricular activities.  Was he supposedly into the mob for something as well?      

ETA:  Never mind.  I just re-read stellabystarlight's post.  Interesting.  I never knew his brother was in that position.  

@Laura14  Google "mob ties to JFK" and it is an eye opener, with references to JFK's father who was into running illegal whiskey during prohibition and had ties to the shady underworld at that time.  There were also people from the mob who had some role in the affairs in Cuba and leading to the Bay of Pigs Fiasco.  I guess I could say "alleged" but lots has been documented.

Honored Contributor

There is the old saying that those who don’t learn from their history are bound to repeat it.

How can we learn from what hasn’t been released.

I don’t like it.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

You know, I think it is time for a more honest and balanced examination of the Kennedy political machine.  So much has been written and speculated.  I'm sure nothing new is going to come out that would embarrass the family or lead to more pain by now.  

The members of the Joe and JFK generations in politics were involved in a lot of things that need to be talked about for today's generation.  Lots of lessons to be learned here today on many levels both personal and political.

Honored Contributor

Image result for john kennedy jr salute

This is what I remember the most.

Does anybody really think that the full truth is hidden somewhere and yet to be disclosed? 

No matter what the public is told, the conspiracies will continue because some people will never let go if the release of documents does not match what they believe really happened.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@PlaidPants2

Not sure there is intelligent life on Earth either!😉