Respected Contributor

Yesterday, Lisa Brady's Instant Pot cookbook was featured along with the TSV.  When I tried to order the cookbook, it was sold out and believe David mentioned no advance orders were available at this time.  There goes the free shipping for items ordered yesterday.  Today, it's available, but $5.50 shipping.  How and why does this happen.  No stock one day and the next day plenty to order.  

Honored Contributor

Maybe a hoard of customers suddenly realized there are a million FREE recipes online and cancelled their orders?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I also tried all evening to order the recipe book, hoping some people would change their mind.  I ordered mine this morning but I am also disappointed that I have to pay the shipping today.  I think there were a lot just sitting in people's carts.  I've notice that usually my cart will empty in an hour but there have been occasions where an item is still in my cart the following day.  

Honored Contributor

That's BS. QVC should give you both free shipping since they have them available now but not yesterday. 

I would never buy a book from QVC since they charge ridiculous shipping rates. The post office has a media mail rate that's a lot cheaper.

Just wait until Amazon or some other place has it for sell for less money with free shipping.

You don't really need an Instant Pot cookbook. There are so many recipes online I'm sure you can find what you are looking for.

Esteemed Contributor

Amazon has the book for $8.99 (Free shipping with Prime).  Always check Amazon on books before ordering from Q.

Frequent Contributor

I just called CS and asked for $5.50 credit for the shipping because the books must have been stuck in peoples carts yesterday.  She didn't have any problem with that. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Item Availability

[ Edited ]

@patbz I checked Amazon out and that isn't Lisa's book.  The author is Emma Hamilton.

ETA  I do check Amazon before ordering books or anything.

Trusted Contributor

They kept saying that the cookbook would be on waitlist and that they expected to get them in,so why they didn't allow people to still place an order was a mistake on their part and people SHOULD get free shipping. I had ordered it on Saturday since I was afraid it would be sold out once they featured it on Sunday, and I called and they creditied the $5.50 shipping.

I always check Amazon first and this book was not there. Many others were, but I liked some of the recipes that are in the book description. I especially was interested in the sous vide recipes, although I won't do that in Instant Pot.