Respected Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

I have read many stories written about this, and they have mentioned there was an off-duty policeman handling security outside the venue and engaged the murderer but he was able to escape inside the building and began shooting almost immediately.

Yes. The off duty police officer was in uniform and had a gun. But he was no match for the superior firepower of the perp.

So no, a trained officer with a gun can't always stop a determined bad guy with no regard for his own life or for others.

Plus, the situation was similar to the CO theater. It was dark and noisy. A guy with a gun on CO didn't fire because he couldn't see his target well in the dark, didn't want to hit victims and didn't want to be shot by police himself.

This was a dark, VERY noisy club. Chances of taking out rhe shooter would be slim.

So what's a better solution?

Frequent Contributor

caravaggio: No I just checked IZ's version.  It was not that.  The radio version was a female voice and the high notes were Fantastic and the musical rendition was beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

@naturalfan wrote:

Anybody remember Joe the Plumber?  After the massacre of a room full of six year olds, he said that those dead kids don't trump his right to own weapons.  Unfortunately, there are millions of people just like that in this country.  So get used to it - your right to go see a movie in peace, send your kid to school and assme he or she will come home at the end of the day, or just walking down the street without getting blown away does not trump anyone's right to own a gun.   They got rights, you know.  Yours don't really count.

---------

He never said no one else's rights do not count. He did say if the teachers and all other faculty were armed the kids would have had a chance. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@klajfakj wrote:

caravaggio: No I just checked IZ's version.  It was not that.  The radio version was a female voice and the high notes were Fantastic and the musical rendition was beautiful.

@klajfakj

the version you heard might be by eva cassidy.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rd8VktT8xY

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

I have read many stories written about this, and they have mentioned there was an off-duty policeman handling security outside the venue and engaged the murderer but he was able to escape inside the building and began shooting almost immediately.

Yes. The off duty police officer was in uniform and had a gun. But he was no match for the superior firepower of the perp.

So no, a trained officer with a gun can't always stop a determined bad guy with no regard for his own life or for others.

Plus, the situation was similar to the CO theater. It was dark and noisy. A guy with a gun on CO didn't fire because he couldn't see his target well in the dark, didn't want to hit victims and didn't want to be shot by police himself.

This was a dark, VERY noisy club. Chances of taking out rhe shooter would be slim.

Total hero no matter what.  Heart  I hope he has lots of support around him.  

Esteemed Contributor

Right now, people on the no-fly list because of possible terrorist connections, can legally buy fire arms. That makes no sense to me. 

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

So what's a better solution?

BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
QVC Customer Care
QVC Customer Care