Respected Contributor

Put it into perspective...if that's your only problem, life is good..

Honored Contributor

Okay then.......hope you feel better.

Honored Contributor

The only one that seems to want to tell her whole story is the vendor selling Peace, Love, etc.  She is too much for me talkinig so much to justify her ridicously high prices.  No, thanks.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think it's anything to get upset over, but it does sound rather stupid to say that a shirt is "everything."

Saying "it's everything" is a trend I've heard from a few YouTubers about a face highlighting product or a lipstick, and each time I hear it I roll my eyes and move on to a different video.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

How about the new host Alex who dies over everything. "Oh I'm dead" "I'm dead over this"..........and so on. Must have heard her being dead over something at least 3 times in 15 min early this morning. Some other phrase as well over & over, think it was "Are you kidding me" or something along those lines. Finally woke up enough to turn the tv back off.  Think it was Isaac who started the "it's everything" then it started spreading to the others.

So enjoyed your description!  Thank you for giving me a good laugh.    

I am also annoyed by "it's everything" because it's complete nonsense.  How can a shirt or a sweater ever be everything?

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

My problem with that usage is it sounds stupid. Purchase a Thesaurus, the English language is full of wonderful descriptive words, learn some, and use them !!!

Oh no . . . once again I can't give you enough hearts!

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

The only one that seems to want to tell her whole story is the vendor selling Peace, Love, etc.  She is too much for me talkinig so much to justify her ridicously high prices.  No, thanks.

@Katcat1  I just don't get that line of clothing.  I agree about the cost, too.

I can just see me walking around in a shirt that says "I am a blessing".    Maybe if I were still 3 years old. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1  I just don't get that line of clothing.  I agree about the cost, too.

I can just see me walking around in a shirt that says "I am a blessing".    Maybe if I were still 3 years old. 

@Cakers3, I haven't read the thread. I have my settngs to "Newest First", and yours came up.

LMAO! Very funny :-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3,  At 67 I cannot see myself walking around with the word shirts either.  However, if I am going to pay $40, I want cotton.  

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@algin wrote:

I get really offended when a host describes a piece of clothing by saying "It's EVERYTHING".  Other than as something to cover the body, a piece of clothing has no real value to someone who's starving...or a refugee trying to get their family out of a war zone to safety...or someone with a serious illness...and on and on.  To say a blouse or a skirt or slacks is everything just seems so shallow and completely self-absorbed and lacking in awareness of what is actually improtant in life... especially considering the world we now inhabit.  I'm not trying to be PC, I'm truly upset by this.

It's hyperbole.  You can't be serious.

I agree, and I can understand perhaps finding those words annoying.  But "truly upset"?  That I just don't understand at all.

I'm also not sure what any of this has to do with "the world we now inhabit".  They say whatever they think will make viewers feel they absolutely must have whatever is being sold.  It's all about sales, and really nothing more than that.  No one in their right mind thinks that a piece of clothing will solve every problem in the world or that it matters more than anything else.  And that's not what they're saying.

Being upset about this doesn't do a thing to help refugess or people with serious illness.  With all due respect, I think the OP would be better off directing her energies elsewhere.