Honored Contributor

I do not understand why that would upset you ,having a bad day?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

@algin wrote:

I get really offended when a host describes a piece of clothing by saying "It's EVERYTHING".  Other than as something to cover the body, a piece of clothing has no real value to someone who's starving...or a refugee trying to get their family out of a war zone to safety...or someone with a serious illness...and on and on.  To say a blouse or a skirt or slacks is everything just seems so shallow and completely self-absorbed and lacking in awareness of what is actually improtant in life... especially considering the world we now inhabit.  I'm not trying to be PC, I'm truly upset by this.

@algin   I'd like to congratulate you on your perfect, worry free life.  Your life must be perfect and worry free if this nonsense is what you have the time and energy to become "truly upset" by. Me? I've got better things to worry about.

Hugs. . . 

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Valued Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

How about the new host Alex who dies over everything. "Oh I'm dead" "I'm dead over this"..........and so on. Must have heard her being dead over something at least 3 times in 15 min early this morning. Some other phrase as well over & over, think it was "Are you kidding me" or something along those lines. Finally woke up enough to turn the tv back off.  Think it was Isaac who started the "it's everything" then it started spreading to the others.

Lol, and don't forget " the bomb dot com"!  I still have no clue what the heck it means!  Heart

Valued Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Image result for forrest gump offended

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Image result for forrest gump offended

LOL, Love this @fourpaws56 and sadly it's so true!! Heart

Valued Contributor

You really need to stop watching if you get stressed over this  God knows what else offends you

Honored Contributor

Re: It's Not "Everything"

[ Edited ]

While I may not share the OP's complaint, I have no desire to join in the rage against PC. There is nothing wrong with the original intent behind thinking before speaking or writing so that one doesn't offend.

But this is not even an example of political correctness; there is no actual offensiveness involved. It's simply a matter of the OP not being able to separate the literal from the figurative.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

What exactly do you want the host to say when trying to sell a top, @algin?

I don't recall hearing a host use that term.  

@tansy  I also never heard a host at QVC say anything close to what the OP says she heard.  Should they present an item of clothing and say "This is nothing?" 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Image result for funny i'm offended memes

Just kidding with ya!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

When I hear exaggerated sales claims I just think -- yep, that's why I didn't go into sales. Even as a part-time salesclerk at Macy's - during college and seasonal work later -- I was low-key when it comes to talking anyone into buying anything. Just not a skill that I have. It's a tough job to keep the excitement up while describing the product. I couldn't do it. So, I give the hosts a break.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

You have to keep things in perspective and avoid taking things literally.  If someone says "this is the best cake I ever had" do you really think it's the best cake they ever had?  The hosts are selling stuff, they have make the sale,