Esteemed Contributor

Re: It's National Nurses Week

Without the dedication of nurses, doctors (sorry son in law) and hospitals couldn't function.  They are the back bone of all medical care and we owe them so much, thanks is hardly enough.  They deserve all the respect and support we have to  offer.

A special shout to my  sister, niece (nurse practitioner) and my daughter, MSN all proud members of the nursing community.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you to all wishing all us Nurses  a Happy week .To all my fellow Nurses , thank you for all your yrs of service in the profession. It takes a Team to take care of so many ill patients and a Team to keep  Nurses feeling  positive to remain in such a tough profession.

I'm one of many in my family over generations who choose Nursing as a career . It 's not a career for those who are  thinned skinned , faint of heart or who do not have alot of stamina .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Please count me among those who are grateful for nurses who allay fears, obligingly explain what is going on with one's treatment and are often in a position to show more sympathy than doctors (who seem to be trained, for their survival, to mute their emotions when dealing with patients).  I have had several extremely sympathetic doctors in my time, but more nurses than doctors have emerged with that trait in my experience.

I remember the many times that a nurse's experience, compassion and wisdom have eased a medical experience.  So appreciative of the nurses who aided me and my family in our time of need!