Respected Contributor

I didn't know,  just heard it on the news today. So to all of my fellow nurses out there retired like me or not I wish you all the best and I thank you for your dedication to the profession. It's been a stressfull 2 yrs working to save lives from this horrible virus as well as working other nursing jobs in Hospitals, doctors offices and other areas. You all deserve a standing ovation !!.

Respected Contributor

Re: It's National Nurses Week

Happy Nurses Week! I'm a retired RN, forty-six years of working. Retired in 2018. Did a lot of different things but mostly long term care and hospice in the latter half of my career 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

How wonderful!!!

Thank you for all of your dedicated service!!!

Nurse Caring Strong Essential Nurse PNG Files For Sublimation image 1

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fairydogmother  wrote: Happy Nurses Week! I'm a retired RN, forty-six years of working. Retired in 2018. Did a lot of different things but mostly long term care and hospice in the latter half of my career 

Thanks for your dedication. before my mom died of covid in 2020 she had already been in hospice in the nursing home and the hospice nurse was a wonderful gentleman who would keep me updated on her condition and he would put her on Facetime to talk to me using his personal cell phone. He didn't have to do that but he did and I was so grateful he was her nurse.  I retired in 2016, I had worked 16 yrs for an insurance company as a workers comp case manager. I had previously worked for a Hospital on the med surg floor and 9 yrs in the newborn nursery which i loved ! My career lasted 45 yrs

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I, for one have been amazed by nurses.  How much knowledge and experiences they have had during their training!  I can just imagine the many check lists that they aways think of when having each patient, not to forget the loving way they try to heal their patients.

The sister I lost to cancer 5 years ago, was a nurse that went into private nursing duty.  She had a good discussion   on nutrition because his family wasn't buying her patient nutritional food.  She brought in two big bags of groceries or the patient.

Esteemed Contributor

Nurses are the real backbone of healthcare delivery! I think they're great.

Honored Contributor

So grateful for nurses, and the vital work they do, often under highly adverse conditions.  Invaluable professionals.

Honored Contributor

Nurses, I am so thankful to you. I am grateful for all you have done to help so many. 

Valued Contributor

Just to take a moment to recognize  you and your hard work! And a big Thank-You to all of our nurses on the forums.

And a special shout out to Just Bee. Happy Nurses Week.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for your service, nurses! One day soon you will be held in your rightful esteem again. I am so sorry for any abuse you've had to endure over the past several years. You don't deserve any of it. You deserve our gratitude and thanks for caring for us when we are at our weakest and most vulnerable. Thank you.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr