Respected Contributor

I'm sitting here in bed in my Muk Luks lounge set watching QVC and drinking a cup of half decaf coffee. It's cloudy with a weather forecast of rain and wind this afternoon. I feel blessed to be here at age 73, a retired nurse worked 45 yrs retiring in 2016. I still have all of my falculties. I am able to care for myself, no money worries, can come and go as I please with 2 wonderful children and 2 awesome grandsons. It don't get no better than that !   I just feel so blessed !  I have lost friends at a much earlier age, lost my mom to Covid but she is in a better place. I just want to wish everyone on this forum a safe and blessed rest of your day and beyond. Be thankful for each and every day that you open your eyes and move on with your day  Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: It's Monday and

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes  It sounds like you're having a wonderful Monday and a wonderful life too- you deserve happiness and contentment in all that you have accomplished and the family you've created Smiley HappyHeart.  Congratulations of your retirement and turning 73! Thank you for you kind words of wisdom and good wishes to all of us Smiley HappyHeart

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

i do  i will

mrshckynut 

Respected Contributor

I am so glad you are enjoying "your time".  I love retirement also!

Respected Contributor
Thank u. Happy, healthy life to u.
Honored Contributor

I'm glad that you are content and happy in your retirement. As an introvert, retirement is a blessing because my job in healthcare required constant communication and by the end of the day I was drained. However it was my vocation and you adjust. When I retired I felt like I could take a deep breath and really relax. I'm grateful for every day . 🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   Oh, you sound so content! I hope you feel that fortunate and happy every day.

You know Joan Rivers used to say "Every day is a gift. That's why they call it the present".

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I'm sitting here in bed in my Muk Luks lounge set watching QVC and drinking a cup of half decaf coffee. It's cloudy with a weather forecast of rain and wind this afternoon. I feel blessed to be here at age 73, a retired nurse worked 45 yrs retiring in 2016. I still have all of my falculties. I am able to care for myself, no money worries, can come and go as I please with 2 wonderful children and 2 awesome grandsons. It don't get no better than that !   I just feel so blessed !  I have lost friends at a much earlier age, lost my mom to Covid but she is in a better place. I just want to wish everyone on this forum a safe and blessed rest of your day and beyond. Be thankful for each and every day that you open your eyes and move on with your day  Woman LOL

Ha ha, Loved your story. I'm retired from Respitory Therapy, Have 1 wonderful son Awesome grandaughter, a Dr in areospace engineer, two great baby granddaugters 1 and 3,and I'm 90, still happy and so far with all my facultys. And I wish you many more years. Also I'm a Mux Luxs wearer, and I'm in mine today. Have a happy day!!

Honored Contributor

Nice to read such wonderful retirement  posts!

pic--Smiley-Gal-ThumbsUp.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes Reading this feel good post warmed my heart❤ and made me smile this morning!🥰 How wonderful it is that you are able to sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor, and are enjoying a well deserved retirement!! ! That is quite an achievement! You are indeed truly BLESSED!😊👍 I so appreciate your positive post!🥰 Wishing you a BEAUTIFUL remainder of your day!!!🤗

THANK you for caring to share your attitude of gratitude with us!💝

~~~All we need is LOVE💖