Valued Contributor

Has anyone purchased a star for someone on star registry? If you

have, would like you reviews

TIA.

Honored Contributor

There are over 10K reviews for Star Registration over on TrustPilot dot com.

Esteemed Contributor

@YouGoGirl1  It is my understanding that stars are named when they are discovered. The older stars have mythological or other names designated by the people who first discovered them. Recent stars have alpha-numeric names. Any star named on one of the star registries out there are just listed on that company's registry and have nothing to do with the real name of the star. If you want to do it for fun or for sentimental reasons, then there is one website that has thousands of positive reviews on TrustPilot.

Just remember, you are not actually naming the star.

Respected Contributor

Re: Star Registry…

[ Edited ]

When my husband and I married almost twenty years ago, a fellow poster on this board ( a deer, deer, friend * )  Smiley Happy purchased a Star Registry gift for us.   It, to this day, is one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for us.  

* dear misspelled on purpose

Esteemed Contributor

Even though one is not really naming a star, it is truly a fun gift, and you get a beautiful star chart and poster suitable for framing.  

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Re: Star Registry…

[ Edited ]

Yes, I purchased the deluxe star kit for a beloved family member who passed from terminal cancer over 10 years ago.  I put the certificate and map into a huge frame for wall hanging.  

The receiver was absolutely thrilled with the gift and was entertained by this right up until they died.  I feel it is one of the most special things I've done for a loved one, and their family.   My purchase was thru International Star Registry.  

Honored Contributor

@YouGoGirl1  No.  I find the whole idea silly. Been selling this nonsense for at least 20 some years that I recall. These stars are already named as someone else already posted.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@YouGoGirl1  No.  I find the whole idea silly. Been selling this nonsense for at least 20 some years that I recall. These stars are already named as someone else already posted.

@Love my grandkids You could have scrolled on by.  

The OP asked if anyone had purchased it as a gift, not how anyone felt about the idea.  

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

---

Any relation to Debbie Downer ??

Valued Contributor

thanks everyone for your input.