Esteemed Contributor

Re: It Bears Repeating....................

@queendiva   Other than stepping out on the porch now and then I have only gone out, as in away from the house, 2x since December 20th. Both trips were to the PO and the drive thru at the bank.

If I get my hands on that overgrown rat, Phil, I'll fix his shadow. lol

Respected Contributor

@Stormygirl Yikes!  So how do you keep your sanity?  I don't have the level of stress you have (aside from frozen water pipes) but I battle extreme anxiety every day.  And due to this anxiety I have terrible insomnia and struggle to sleep even with prescription sleep pills.

Trusted Contributor

@KKJ good question and honestly Im siphoning the last minutes of being online before I have to go offline to spare generator power, gas etc and hear only the sound of trees falling all around me and shivering inside the house. Is surreal and part of me wants to leave but there is a powerline laying across my driveway. I guess the answer would be I have no choice. I have a rare very painful illness and even being on morphine isnt helping. The hospice folks are wonderful and I can tell them even the most deep things. I just didnt imagine the possibility of going out like this....maybe I had imagined being warm in bed at least. Last time I checked is 40 degrees inside and can barely feel my legs and fiongers. Will be signing off soon and hopefully can at least check in after our next round of ice. Yes I guess the answer is when we have no choices and are in life limiting way.....we try and ride the tide whichever way it goes. I lived 61 years...lucky I think Ive made it this far.

Esteemed Contributor

@Stormygirl 

God Bless You.

Trusted Contributor

I love winter, it's my favorite season!  We don't always get snow here but we sure did get hit with a big snow/ice storm this past weekend. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2.  You're retired, perhaps you should consider relocating?  I hated the weather where I lived so when I retired, I moved.  If you're unhappy, fix it!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Man I hear ya. Us too. We're in CT. 3-6 is what's predicted. Ironic of course because the 6-8 inches that have been on the ground for over a week, had finally almost all gone away due to some rain and sun...and as you say..."balmy" 30's temps I guess. And here we go again. I'm not a "winter gal" either. 

Be very careful with that cane in these conditions...my cousin just slipped and broke something in her shoulder.

Hang in there....

Respected Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 - Hang in there. Before you know it, you'll be complaining about the heat. 

Not me... I really do love a good summer heat wave. But...your point is taken. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I hate this %&$@#*& winter. We are getting yet another 3 to 6 inches of snow tonight.

The noon weather guy said there is another system next  Monday into next Tuesday, and then another at the end of next week.

Forget any virus keeping me inside , going to my car is a gamble because what snow we have melts some and then refreezes, then we get more on top of it.  It has been plowed and shoveled but it keeps coming.  It is not conducive to walking with a cane.

I don't like winter to begin with but the last couple months have been the worst.

It is to be sunny and a balmy 35 degrees Sunday, I'm going to have DD spot me as I go to the car and get out and about.  I don't care if I just drive to Dunkin for coffee.

I like staying at home.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stormygirl wrote:

I usually love winter....not this time as we have not had power since last Saturday am. Heat pump wont work on generator, no cooking, no laundry...etc etc. If we get through tonites ice storm without a tree falling on the house I will be grateful. It honestly looks like a bomb was dropped here.Having been in the Army 10 years and living in a tent to being homeless and orphaned as a child.....maybe because I was younger then and not hospice patient....did much better back then. If I just had heat I would be grateful. Is 30 degrees outside and 40 degrees inside the house right now.

I hope things improve for you.  Hope you will have electricity soon.  @Stormygirl