Respected Contributor

Re: Isn't It Strange?! (re sleep)

I have always been a troubled sleeper.  So was my father.  As a teenager I used to act out my dreams.  Currently I usually go to bed around 10:00 and typically between that time and 3:00 - 4:00 I have very restless sleep.  I have been known to wander, make and eat food and even shop on QVC without remembering doing so in the morning.  I do take certain medications that may be effecting my sleep but taking them are vital to my well being so I put up with the weird sleep side effects. 

Valued Contributor

Seems as though my mind never shuts off..

I don't sleep..I nap all night..an hour here and an hour there.

My primary wants to give me "something" and I keep saying maybe 1 day..

Trusted Contributor

@We rescue cats wrote:

I do this most every night as well, I usually wake up at about 2 or 230 and fall back to sleep at 330 or 4. So frustrating! I guess this isn't that odd since so many here say the same thing, so do a circle of my friends, we joke about having a warm milk party.

My 'golden hour' is 2am.  I am on the East Coast.  

Honored Contributor

I rub melatonin cream on my temples every night an hour or so before bedtime, which for me is about 8PM.  I sleep through the night, though I'm up a couple of time for the bathroom or foot pain, but go right back to sleep.  My wakeup time is usually around 3:20AM.  

I shower and do morning "chores" upstairs, before going downstairs to feed the birds and have breakfast.  Then a take a nap for about an hour and a half.  

Can't seem to break this routine.

Honored Contributor

Well it certainly is nice to know we aren't alone at the "wee hours" of the night!

Maybe we can all have a "warm milk party" together-say around morning time for us all-2am? late stragglers at 3 are ok too😄

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I was an intermittent sleeper until my doctor prescribed I use a CPAP machine.  My sleep feels deeper and more restful now, and no more 'wake-up calls'.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Well it certainly is nice to know we aren't alone at the "wee hours" of the night!

Maybe we can all have a "warm milk party" together-say around morning time for us all-2am? late stragglers at 3 are ok too😄

@on the bay We should start a "Insomniacs" thread here in Community Chat (or Among Friends.)  I think I'd be on it often.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Jo1313   I do the same thing. I am up and down all night long. Two nights ago I dozed off at 11pm, woke up an hour and a half later.  I was awake the rest of the night.

I am tired all the time but can't sleep even with taking Melatonin, might as well be a Tic Tac.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sleep issues for me started in Peri meno and now in Post meno....HRT has helped somewhat but I mostly have to take a otc sleep aid every night or I'll be up at 3 or 4.😴

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

Same with me--awake around 3:30--then toss and turn, until by almost 6, when I finally get comfy --then my cat needs to get her day started and DD gets off to work--just tried to go back to bed at 6:30 today and it's 7:15---am at my computer with my hot chocolate and bagel--have always been a horrible sleeper---then having kids  cemented that habit!!! I turn out the lights at 10 pm ----been extremely difficult these past 6 months as I broke my ankle and sleeping with a splint and then a boot was near impossible--and even now when my foot has healed, I find myself waking up when I change positions so not to make it hurt---curses!!!!!!!Woman Sad