Honored Contributor

Re: Is your husband romantic?

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Perhaps voyeuristic was the wrong word. The thought that he was monitoring my shower and who knows what else is creepy, like living with a spy. This man sounds like a helicopter husband. I wonder just how much his wife likes his intrusion. 

As an aside, a co-worker's wife was always calling him to tell him she loved him and missed him and wanting to know where he was, when he would be home. It turns out she was having an affair and didn't want to get caught. They're divorced now. Then there is Scott Peterson, so romantic, another always on the phone, called his wife Beautiful, probably to avoid mistakenly addressing her by another woman's name. How many women have been conned with romance that ended when their money ran out?

Romance can be sincere or a form of manipulation, a deceit to hide unfaithfulness.

I read somewhere that most serial killers are good in bed and often described by their partners as "hot".

Woman Wink

@mstyrion 1Sounded like a very nurturing, caring thing to me.

Respected Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Perhaps voyeuristic was the wrong word. The thought that he was monitoring my shower and who knows what else is creepy, like living with a spy. This man sounds like a helicopter husband. I wonder just how much his wife likes his intrusion. 

As an aside, a co-worker's wife was always calling him to tell him she loved him and missed him and wanting to know where he was, when he would be home. It turns out she was having an affair and didn't want to get caught. They're divorced now. Then there is Scott Peterson, so romantic, another always on the phone, called his wife Beautiful, probably to avoid mistakenly addressing her by another woman's name. How many women have been conned with romance that ended when their money ran out?

Romance can be sincere or a form of manipulation, a deceit to hide unfaithfulness.

I read somewhere that most serial killers are good in bed and often described by their partners as "hot".

Woman Wink

They were described as hot unless the "partners" were dead!

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

The last thing I want from my husband is a greeting card or him listening for the shower and bringing me hot towels, that's a bit voyeuristic and makes me cringe. Are they unaware that towel warmers can be installed in their bathroom?

What I want is great in bed, my husband is that, great in bed. A hot husband trumps a hot towel every day of the week.

Anyone can do the act. Animals do...affection and real love enhances every aspect of life.

Most women would treasure the extras and think of them as showing one cares. Even small.

Honored Contributor

sometimes