Honored Contributor

Re: Is your husband romantic?

@HappyDaze wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

HeartHeartYESHeartHeart He does so many sweet things but my favorite is when he just randomly comes over and gives me a kiss or one of his wonderful bear hugs and holds onto me for a few minutes.

On a side note regarding his big hear hugs, it makes one of my dogs jealous and he tries to push us apart, lol. He gets his nose inbetween us and tries to weasel the rest of his body inbetween us and he wraps his leg around my leg, lol. It is the funniest thing and we start laughing when he does that. He does it every time we hug too.

@HappyDazeMy 85 pound dog does that too!  A lot of our hugs are our arms and two paws!!!

@ECBG HAHAHA exactly!!! I Heart that! Yeah, my boy is 145 lbs. He weighs more than me so it is a three way lovefest whether I like it or not! Smiley Very Happy

@HappyDazeOh!  My Gosh!  What a big baby you have!!!  The only pets we ever had that big were the bloodhounds we had when we got our first house.  We got a bloodhound two times!  Our first, Jeremiah (for Jeremiah Johnson) weighed 155 lbs and he took ME for walks!  We named the second Moonshine!  He looked like he had a bucket of it too!

What do you have?

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I like what I like, others are free to like what they like. We are all different, I don't expect others to like or dislike the same thing I like or dislike.

I don't like greeting cards, they are some stranger's sentiment.  I prefer what is written just for me. It doesn't have to rhythm or be flowery, just personal.

My husband sends me memes that he knows I will love. He gets my humor, can be trusted to keep a secret, will take my side even when he knows my side is wrong, gives me what I want not what he thinks I should have.

Perhaps you should have just said that and left out the negative comments about the other couple.  Like you said, we are free to like what we like.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

The last thing I want from my husband is a greeting card or him listening for the shower and bringing me hot towels, that's a bit voyeuristic and makes me cringe. Are they unaware that towel warmers can be installed in their bathroom?

What I want is great in bed, my husband is that, great in bed. A hot husband trumps a hot towel every day of the week.

Well, that's telling... LOL

Respected Contributor

Oh, absolutely. He is such a sweetheart! We agreed when we got married that we would never lose our romance and that we would stay in good physical shape for each other.

My husband is a coffee drinker, yet he makes me my chai tea latte every morning. He does keep in great physical shape. My own weight goes up and down by 15 pounds, and I feel guilty when I reach that high point. He tells me that he just has more curves to love when I do...but then I start dieting and take it off as quickly as I can.

In the nice weather, we go for a walk together after supper, and all the neighbors comment on how cute it is that we hold hands.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Super Contributor

@occasionalrain

Your husband has never called you beautiful? Awww, that's so sad. And to insinuate that if a husband does call his wife beautiful then he must be like Scott Peterson, a murderer,  or if she or he calls their spouse several times a day it must mean they're cheating? You sound so bitter and jealous of others. 

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

The last thing I want from my husband is a greeting card or him listening for the shower and bringing me hot towels, that's a bit voyeuristic and makes me cringe. Are they unaware that towel warmers can be installed in their bathroom?

What I want is great in bed, my husband is that, great in bed. A hot husband trumps a hot towel every day of the week.

Well, that's telling... LOL

LOL...let's not beat around the bush!!! Woman LOL

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

That is one of many things he is not.  HOWEVER, I loved reading all the happy responses here.  And I especially thought it was sweet for those who said their husband was not romantic but they were able to appreciate their other qualities and loved them for those.

I am a romantic through and through. 

You all sound very happy with your partners.  That's so nice.

Trusted Contributor

No my husband is not one that would bring me a heated towel!  But he worked for 40 years and supported me and 3 children and came home to us every night!  He tells all of us that he loves us very often!  That is all the romance I have ever needed!  Now that he is retired I do my best to do sweet things for him!!  I have had a wonderful life with a great guy!!HeartWoman Happy

Honored Contributor

I find the things my DH does like work hard and save money so we are financiually secure and paying the bills, cutting the grass, shoveling the snow, repairs around the house to be very romantic. My Dad was a very sensitive, artistic type of person who doted on my Mom but when something broke down she had to call Grandpa to fix it as my Dad had no idea what to do. Every marriage is unique and what one woman finds is romantic in her husband another wouldn't pay any attention to.

If my husband brought me a hot towel I'd say - OK what did you do?

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I find the things my DH does like work hard and save money so we are financiually secure and paying the bills, cutting the grass, shoveling the snow, repairs around the house to be very romantic. My Dad was a very sensitive, artistic type of person who doted on my Mom but when something broke down she had to call Grandpa to fix it as my Dad had no idea what to do. Every marriage is unique and what one woman finds is romantic in her husband another wouldn't pay any attention to.

If my husband brought me a hot towel I'd say - OK what did you do?

Sounds like you have a gem for a husband. You are right...each marriage is unique, and there are many ways to show love. Heart