Super Contributor

Can't place orders this morning. Hmm!

Respected Contributor

Yes there is a wait to get into order placement 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Is it down for a particular item or Amazon in general?  That would be significant considering the amount of business they do.

Honored Contributor

I can get on the site but I dont need to order anything today so I dont know about that.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

You can shop, but cannot place an order. It now says they are trying to resolve the problem. Wow, what a loss for them.

Respected Contributor

yup. Need to order hair color --I hope Jeff gets things fixed !Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

it's kind of wonky.  I just placed an order, but a message popped up which indicated that the order might not have been placed.  However, when I checked my order status, it was there.  Weird.

Respected Contributor

Yes, and I've never encountered this before at Amazon. There were things I really wanted to order this morning so I kept trying for probably ten times or more and it finally went through. 

Respected Contributor

Dec 7 (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc said it has resolved an issue that prevented some users from accessing the shopping site on Wednesday.

"We're sorry that some customers may have temporarily experienced issues while shopping. We have resolved the issue," a company spokesperson told Reuters, but did not provide any details on what caused the outage.

Earlier in the day, some users in the U.S. faced issues accessing the shopping site. About 12,000 users reported issues as of 10 a.m. ET, according to Downdetector, which tracks outages by collating status reports from a number of sources including user-submitted errors on its platform.

Esteemed Contributor

I had a problem this morning around 7:30 AZ time but it was fixed about 15 minutes later. I keep getting there was heavy traffic.