Trusted Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I have posted on this topic before.  For me, I asked about using "sucks."  I remain uncomfortable with it and will not use it.

I read something today that has me asking another question.  There is a local story about a woman who was asked to remove a Chicago Cubs "W" flag from her house.  Someone said it looked tacky.  Well, the disputes never end with Cubs and White Sox fans!

So there was a follow up story saying that the woman received a box of Cubs items to "****** off" her neighbors.  That was the title of the story.  This appeared in a local online (but large) publication.  "Woman receives box of Cubs gear to ****** of her neighbors."

I don't know who decides, but that's now how I would have worded it.  Old fashioned, I guess.

Hyacinth

Ha - the QVC censors censored my term!!  That's funny!

I agree with you @hyacinth003.  We term these types of words as adult language.  That's the warning that's given for movies, for example.  In Canada, the warning they give is that the movie contains coarse language.  Coarse language sounds so much less glamorous than adult language.