Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is this odd?And

[ Edited ]

@bikerbabe wrote:
Or this Is when the dog gets him up to go outside every morning.

Yes I thought of the dog getting him up. But they just built a huge fence to fence in their yard out back, so why would they let the dog go on their front grass? And the dog isn't with him all the time.  Usually people turn their head (look down or whatever) whether they're facing straight sitting or not. He stares until 457 AM (right before my husband leaves) Also hes not on his steps or porch. Hes sitting on the slate slabs that lead up the grass (If they weren't there he would be on the grass). I dont know maybe he is meditating. I never saw anyone sit like that like a statue staring straight. 

And im up at 4 AM a lot because i have insomnia. I sleep at like 5 to 10 or 11 AM since I dont work. anymore. And my husband gets up at 4 AM for work! 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Maybe his wife snores.  Maybe he's an insomniac like you.  Maybe you should ask your physician for some sleep aids.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

Maybe his wife snores.  Maybe he's an insomniac like you.  Maybe you should ask your physician for some sleep aids.

I cant take sleep aids with my other medications. I was told to turn off electronic devices before bed which works sometimes. Also I dont drink caffeine, because If I do I dont sleep for 24 hours. I started getitng insomnia when my dad died 7 years ago.

Anyway about the guy I have no clue but its weird to me, because A I wouldnt be sititng outsdie at 4 AM anywhere alone now days. And B the way he stares so maybe he is meditating. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Super Contributor

He could be talking to someone on the phone or listening to an audiobook.  No telling what he's doing.  If you're curious, go over with a cake or cookies and welcome them to the neighborhood.  Joking say I noticed you are up at the crack of dawn.  Me too.  

Respected Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

I cant take sleep aids with my other medications. I was told to turn off electronic devices before bed which works sometimes. Also I dont drink caffeine, because If I do I dont sleep for 24 hours. I started getitng insomnia when my dad died 7 years ago.

Anyway about the guy I have no clue but its weird to me, because A I wouldnt be sititng outsdie at 4 AM anywhere alone now days. And B the way he stares so maybe he is meditating. 

@Shorty2U I'm sorry that you're having problems sleeping.  I know it can't be fun.  However, if you're really obsessing about this man harming you or your family without any provocation, something else is wrong here, which I am not privy to.

Perhaps introducing yourself to your new neighbors might help allieviate your anxiety.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

If you think he's watching your house & property, I suggest you search for what he's looking at.

Is there something happening in your yard that's worth watching?

You're describing that hour of the day when birds start singing the dawn chorus, rabbits visit their hidden nests to nurse their babies, critters of the night can be seen slinking around on their way back to their daytime hiding places.

It's a peaceful, grounding time to sit silently outside.

Respected Contributor

My neighbor across the street from me does the same thing but during the day.  He's a widower, about 83, with nothing to do.  He goes outside to the front patio and stares at my side of the street.  Then he goes inside for a while, then comes out again.  I consider him my own private neighborhood watch.  He's been doing it for years.

I tick him off though when I go outside to mow the grass in shorts and a t-shirt with no bra.  He goes in the house and slams the door behind him.  lol  Maybe he thinks I should be wearing a prarie skirt and bonnet.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is this odd?

[ Edited ]

I had a neighbor like that when I moved into my house.  He would sit on his lounger all day, with his dog on his lap.  It was like he was sunbathing, but he was always directly facing my house, and I felt like I was being watched sometimes.  It made me nervous to go outside and weed the front bed and things like that, because I felt like he was staring at me.

I don't remember what caused me to talk to him the first time.  As it turned out, he was a nice old retired guy who liked being outside with his dog.  He was friendly with neighbors all up and down our street.  Even neighborhood kids would go over there to talk to him and see his dog.  In the end I felt safer with him out there.

He passed away at the end of 2015.  He was an avid runner who used to run every morning.  But when I talked to his wife, she said he had died of a blood clot.  He was supposed to be on blood thinners for the duration of his life, due to a previous blood clot.  He did not take his medication, and it killed him.  Smiley Sad  I miss seeing that old guy, and I feel bad for his wife.  She's a really sweet lady.

Anyway, I understand why you feel creeped out.  But maybe there is a simple explanation for what he is doing.  I have sat out on my porch at odd hours before, or I will sit in the grass.  Sometimes the stillness is what I need to clear my mind.  I don't know if my neighbors have seen me do that, or if they think I'm weird.  I am weird, so I guess there's no reason to pretend otherwise.  Maybe that guy is weird too.

Image result for meditating squirrel

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

Re: Is this odd?

[ Edited ]

Yes, it's creepy.

And there's nothing wrong with you looking out your windows--ever.  (Some people just go through life with blinders on, I guess.)

I think it's weird he sits on the slate.  Does he do this when it's cold outside?

What I would do is, get a flood light (maybe off the garage) and direct the lamp his way to 'light him up'.  And as soon as he comes out, turn it on.  Every morning.

I would want him to be aware that your aware of him staring at your house.

No, there's nothing illegal about what he's doing as far as sitting there, but there's nothing illegal of you making it known to him that you know that he's doing it.

Hopefully, he stops.  I would be creeped out.

eta:  I have insomnia--maybe--once a year.  And BINGO, tonight was the night.  Fast asleep by midnite and woke up at 3:22 a.m.  Am heading back to bed now!  ugh

Honored Contributor

MYOB.

"Pure Michigan"