Respected Contributor

Is this any way to run a business?

I received an email yesterday that told me my chicken fried chicken would be delivered today.  I thought, "Chicken fried chicken?  I didn't order that."  Well, I scrolled down through my orders and there it was.  I had ordered it on April 15!!!  I had totally forgotten about it and, if I had my choice, I would have cancelled it, but it was too late for that; it was being delivered today.

I hope it's good.  Has anyone had it?

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

Re: Is this any way to run a business?

Is this any way to be a customer? is the more suitable question.

Honored Contributor

I received mine today, but haven't tried it yet. Really looked great during the presentation and I am sure I will love it! I too ordered sometime back and am eager to dig into it!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spent2much wrote:

I received an email yesterday that told me my chicken fried chicken would be delivered today.  I thought, "Chicken fried chicken?  I didn't order that."  Well, I scrolled down through my orders and there it was.  I had ordered it on April 15!!!  I had totally forgotten about it and, if I had my choice, I would have cancelled it, but it was too late for that; it was being delivered today.

I hope it's good.  Has anyone had it?

If it's the Heartland chicken, it seems very popular among people who've posted their thoughts in the Kitchen forum. If you plug "Heartland" into the search box here, you'll find posts that should help you learn why the delivery was so late, as well as how much people like it.

ETA that I haven't bought it myself. Just can't bring myself to spend the $. I'll have to suffer with Marie Callender's version of it. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

LOL  What in the world is chicken fried chicken?!

Never mind, I'll look it up.

Esteemed Contributor

And what exactly did QVC do "wrong"?

It's not their fault that you forgot that you ordered it.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I ordered the Heartland chicken fried chicken and we thought it was fabulous.  Very tender, juicy and great crust flavor.  I did it in the oven since I don’t own an air fryer. I cooked it I think about 5-10 minutes longer than the package recommended for the oven.   We especially liked it as chicken sandwiches.   After I baked them I would put them in buns, add a couple pieces of crisp bacon, tomato, lettuce and mayo.  Excellent!

Esteemed Contributor

If its the Heartland Chicken, its delicious. I got mine today, it was hot here, hubby brought it in, as he was out when UPS came. I got it out of the styrofoam container, the chicken was still frozen solid. No problem.

Yes it is very good, or I wouldn't order it. Dh got worried when we started running out of our previous order of it. I guess I need to get it on autodelivery.

Honored Contributor

Was it to be delivered immediately or sent at a later date. 

If delivered immediately, were you put on waitlist?  Maybe, since you forgot about it, you didn't notice. 

Otherwise, yes, receiving an order two months later doesn't look good.  

Honored Contributor

this sounds like something i definitely need to try!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein