Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a special protocol for posting?

@hennypenny wrote:

@grandma petes , I have never seen you post in an inappropriate way. I think that most of us try to post "the way we should". 

I usually post in community because that is where I am sure to see my "friends" and can get their responses. I am not one to categorize and look for "proper" separate forums.

@hennypenny 

It's not about proper and improper, but if you are merely socializing, it really doesn't matter much, unless you are violating QVC's Standards. 

Having said that, I think if you have a health-related question, it's smart to post in the Wellness section.   Not everyone visiting the Community section wants to hear about someone's upcoming colonoscopy ... or even read the title, for that matter.

If you want to discuss your Thanksgiving meal, you'll have much better responses in the Kitchen and Recipes sections.  You get the idea.  JMO, of course.

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

I don't post very often and reply only once in awhile. 

So my question is....is there a special protocol to use before posting? Should a poster search to see if a topic has already been posted by someone else? I see that there are posts that talk about a current topic, but some reply that they should check first to see if that subject already has a post started. Just wondering.

Thanks in advance.😊

@grandma petes 

Reading QVC's Standards eliminates a lot of confusion. 

Also ....  If you haven't done much participation in other message boards outside QVC, google "message board etiquette" for additional tips.  

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma petes 

Common everyday netiquette is appreciated anywhere you post.

Here, you can expect the QVC mods to enforce some aspects of netiquette while leaving others up to us. 

Meanwhile, QVC Standards aren't available but here are the Community Guidelines.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Welcome-Get-Started/Community-Guidelines/m-p/1856684#M2

Esteemed Contributor

I try to keep Garden out of Kitchen........beyond that.........I just post.

If it rattles some = not my problem.

Respected Contributor

@grandma petes like others have said, post what you want and ignore what the board police posters have to say. You have as much right to post as they do.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

@grandma petes 

Sometimes the same subject gets posted by 2 different people because they may be writing the post at the same time.

That happens a lot and if you say something similar to someone else that could be the reason too.and then get questioned why you "repeated" what they said and you didn't even realize that happened.

I think the #1 rule is to create paragraphs, not for thought but so it's easy to read.

Now, go to the back of the line you infrequent poster.............

only kidding.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bhvbum wrote:

What will befuddled you though will be your totally innocent question and then followed by insightful replies, and then poof the whole thing is gone.

No you haven't lost your mind, which gets me to my number one issue with the comments section, I wish QVC would only delete the "offending comment."  It punishes everyone and we don't even know what the comment was for the whole thread to disappear.

@Bhvbum 

I so agree!

A thread can have a lot of useful info about the subject matter, then along comes one of 'those' posters who have to take the thread off topic by bringing politics or other topics not allowed into the thread and instead of just the offending posts being removed, the whole thread is deleted.

There goes all of the useful info that the OP was looking for and other posters were kind enough to offer their view or experience.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

I don't post very often and reply only once in awhile. 

So my question is....is there a special protocol to use before posting? Should a poster search to see if a topic has already been posted by someone else? I see that there are posts that talk about a current topic, but some reply that they should check first to see if that subject already has a post started. Just wondering.

Thanks in advance.😊

@grandma petes 

Yes, its a good idea to search first to see if a topic has already been posted, since the Moderators can delete duplicate topics and all your work could go to waste...BUT never resurrect an old topic either since that could be construed as bumping an old thread which is not upposed to be allowed either

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It's not a cardinal sin to create a duplicate thread, but it's pretty bad.  Smiley Happy  When I come across one, I post a link to the other thread; that usually prevents further damage.

Honored Contributor

I try to remember to do a search and that is not always fool proof.  We should just do the best we can and enjoy posting and not worry too much about it.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin