Trusted Contributor

Is there a special protocol for posting?

I don't post very often and reply only once in awhile. 

So my question is....is there a special protocol to use before posting? Should a poster search to see if a topic has already been posted by someone else? I see that there are posts that talk about a current topic, but some reply that they should check first to see if that subject already has a post started. Just wondering.

Thanks in advance.😊

Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a special protocol for posting?

[ Edited ]

@grandma petes 

Personally - I just start a new topic unless there is something relative in the last couple of days.

What I wouldn't do is go hunting for a particular topic and then add to it.

Respected Contributor

@grandma petes , I have never seen you post in an inappropriate way. I think that most of us try to post "the way we should". 

I usually post in community because that is where I am sure to see my "friends" and can get their responses. I am not one to categorize and look for "proper" separate forums.

Respected Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

I don't post very often and reply only once in awhile. 

So my question is....is there a special protocol to use before posting? Should a poster search to see if a topic has already been posted by someone else? I see that there are posts that talk about a current topic, but some reply that they should check first to see if that subject already has a post started. Just wondering.

Thanks in advance.😊

The Community Standards are helpful to read.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I always try to see if there is another post already started on a subject I want to bring up. If it is current, then I just add my question/comment to it; if not, then I start the thread. Sometimes one has already been started and I just didn't see, but I do try not to be repetitive with threads in any forum.

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes    If it's a popular subject or something prominent in the news, common sense would dictate checking to see if the subject has already been addressed, then adding your comments to the existing post.  We don't need multiple posts to read on the same subject saying basically the same thing.  

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Don't worry @grandma petes if you start another thread somebody will be right there to let you know there is already one started. Don't pay attention, and just post and enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 ,  you're absolutely right.

And unfortunately trying to see the Standards will give you an "Oops!" page. There have been at least two requests for IT to repair that link.

Esteemed Contributor

@manny2  LOL. I was just about to say the same thing. Hahahaha

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What will befuddled you though will be your totally innocent question and then followed by insightful replies, and then poof the whole thing is gone.

No you haven't lost your mind, which gets me to my number one issue with the comments section, I wish QVC would only delete the "offending comment."  It punishes everyone and we don't even know what the comment was for the whole thread to disappear.