Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a plain yogurt without ANY sugar?

I use Kite Hill which is made from almond milk.  Their plain is truly plain.  I add my own berries for the sugar.

Valued Contributor

Dannon has one for diabetics with 3g of sugar. I tried the TooGood as well that I believe was 2g of sugar.  

Helen852
Honored Contributor

Be sure not to confuse the sugar inherent in a product with added sugars. I'm not sure that any milk product would be free of sugar.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Oikos Triple Zero has no added sugar.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@KaySD 

I try to avoid as much sugar as possible.  Added sugar is the first thing I look for, but will have some fruit...not a lot, but some.

Blueberries, or a peach or something small.  I'll even have watermelon this time of year.  Yes, I know it is high sugar, but I keep the portions pretty small.

Mostly, I do it for my own well-being.  Too much makes me feel sick....and I limit my carbs as much as possible trying to stay with those natural things, but smaller portions.

I learned long ago that both things made me gain weight and affected my physical feelings.

Both parents were adult onset diabetics, but thin people. 

In general, sugar is not my friend in any form, so I keep an eye out for all of it.  Some days, I do better than others!

@Witchy Woman 

Look for a full fat plain yogurt. Greek is likely to be lower in sugar. - The Power the fat the higher the sugar tends to be. 

I havent had yogurt in years but I remember shopping for it and most of it has a lot of junk added to it. It was hard to find full fat yogurt. 

Esteemed Contributor

Lactose is a naturally occurring sugar found in milk.

I don't mind natural sugar found in milk, fruit, watermelons, etc.

Heck, even our blood has a natural sugar, called glucose.

You need glucose and some sugar to feed every cell in your body, and is your body's main source of energy.

If you don't have enough sugar in your blood, you can suffer from hypoglycemia.

Symptoms of hypoglycemia includes irritability, dizziness, lack of coordination, inattention or confusion, shaking or sweating, fainting or seizures.

So, it's a good idea to have some natural sugar, and milk, or yogurt or fruit, is a good way to get the natural sugar that feeds your cells and gives them energy.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Why don't you make your own? Google it ( very easy); they used to sell yogurt makers (Amazon?) but even without that target you can do it in a low oven.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

Actually, consuming sugar causes inflammation and leads to modern diseases. We don’t actually need to consume any sugar at all; our bodies can make the small amounts we need.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 

Actually, consuming sugar causes inflammation and leads to modern diseases. We don’t actually need to consume any sugar at all; our bodies can make the small amounts we need.

The Mayo Clinic would disagree with you.

Sugar fuels our cells.

Scientific fact.

And I guess you have never heard of glucose, which is blood sugar.

And when diabetics blood sugar gets too low, guess what they are encouraged to consume?

That's right!

Sugar!

Why?

To bring their blood sugar levels back up.

So, yeah, I'll believe what the educated scientists and doctors at the Mayo Clinic have to say, after all, they would know.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 

The Mayo Clinic would disagree with you.

Sugar fuels our cells.

Scientific fact.

And I guess you have never heard of glucose, which is blood sugar.

And when diabetics blood sugar gets too low, guess what they are encouraged to consume?

That's right!

Sugar!

Why?

To bring their blood sugar levels back up.

So, yeah, I'll believe what the educated scientists and doctors at the Mayo Clinic have to say, after all, they would know.

@Anonymous032819 

I’ll repeat this for you. The human body is capable of making any glucose it needs (very little). The exception is those with diabetes type I; they need insulin.

The medical advice and drugs pushed on those with diabetes type II is meant to make money for pharmacies and doctors. It mostly causes the problem to get worse. 

Science. Fact.