Honored Contributor

Is anyone here caffeine free?

I have been for several months and I'm surprised at how little I miss it.

I'm wondering if it's unusual - do most adults drink caffeine?

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: Is anyone here caffeine free?

I am caffeine free - totally - my bladder goes into severe spasms if I drink even a drop of the stuff.  After thinking I was having bladder infections each time, but no bacteria came back on tests- I think it is cystitis of some sort  Even if I get a hot non-caffeine drink at starbucks and they use the machines for coffee, a couple days later I feel it coming on - seriously allergic.  I've been off caffeine for about 2 years now - I just deal with it - still LOVE the smell of a cup of coffee, but it's just not worth it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a big coffee drinker, I can either take it or leave it.

Soda I rarely drink.

Once in a great, great while, like maybe once a month, I might have one of those Red Bull type energy drinks, but that's rare.

Honored Contributor

I only buy caffeine free. diet coke to. drink at  home. I don't like coffee .and can't stand caffeine free tea at all

Contributor

In my opinion,it is not unusual to not notice that you have stopped using caffeine. I didnt start drinking coffee untill later in life and with that i noticed several changes. I now experience periods of exhaustion,do not always sleep well,and my skin looks dehydrated. Im thinking this would be a good time for me to become caffeine free once again.

Respected Contributor

I gave up caffeine about a month ago.  Except for chocolate, of course.

I had no withdrawals and really don't know the difference except my little butterfly heart flutters have diminished dramatically.  I'm happy about that.

It took me until this morning to find a decaf coffee that I liked after trying about a dozen so I'm really happy now.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal what decaf coffee brand did you like?I can't find a good one.

Respected Contributor

I drink one cup of coffee in the morning.  I fill up a second cup, but never drink even half of it.  I do not drink any pop at all. 

I have a cup of tea at night that doesn't contain caffeine.  

I know a lot of people who don't drink coffee at all.  I didn't start drinking coffee until I was in my late 30's. 

Trusted Contributor

I have been off caffeine since 2007 when I had an incident of A-fib.  I love coffee and drink a lot of it so I get high quality coffee mail order from Peet's or another local roaster.  It makes a real difference in the taste.  I do get some caffeine from chocolate, but it doesn't seem to affect me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have basically been off of caffeine for the last 20 years.I drink decaf coffee & caffeine free cola.Sometimes I'll have a cup of 1/2 caf coffee but that's about it. Doing this has greatly improved my Gerd.I seldom have a problem these days!! I don't miss it at all!!