Valued Contributor

Re: Is anyone else snowed in ?

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

i-love-florida.gif

@Sweet_Serenity, ME TOO!  Watched a Space-X Falcon 9 Rocket heading for the International Space Station go up from our front yard earlier this week!  Does it get any groovier than that?!?  Don't think so, LOL - LuLu

Esteemed Contributor

We had about an inch of snow, but we've now got lots of ice all over the driveway and surrounding roads.  Very hazardous but some schools are trying a delayed schedule tomorrow.  Will get an update in the morning.  

Praying for all of you who have been affected.  Stay safe and warm.  ❤️

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

@Drythe,@ECBG - sorry for your woes.  Hubby and I escaped NY two days before they were hit with snow.  Lots of rain here today on the Space Coast of Florida, but warm and NONE of that white stuff.  I don't ever want to think about living and driving in snow again!  Stay warm, be safe and hope you don't lose power.  LuLu

@Its Me LuLuBelle2Thank you.  I've lived here in the mountains except for a handful of years we were first married.  It's a way of life.

We've already lost power, this morning at 2:30 am-6:30am.  We all drive 4 wheel drive and have kerosene heaters.

Now he has a virus, but what the heck!  I've got enough wine!Smiley Happy

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

Only a few days a year here.  We have a  generator if we need it.

DH and I have been baking all day - Mandel Bread.  Tomorrow We’re going to tackle something new.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

@Drythe,@ECBG - sorry for your woes.  Hubby and I escaped NY two days before they were hit with snow.  Lots of rain here today on the Space Coast of Florida, but warm and NONE of that white stuff.  I don't ever want to think about living and driving in snow again!  Stay warm, be safe and hope you don't lose power.  LuLu

@Its Me LuLuBelle2Thank you.  I've lived here in the mountains except for a handful of years we were first married.  It's a way of life.

We've already lost power, this morning at 2:30 am-6:30am.  We all drive 4 wheel drive and have kerosene heaters.

Now he has a virus, but what the heck!  I've got enough wine!Smiley Happy

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

Only a few days a year here.  We have a  generator if we need it.

DH and I  have been baking all day - Mandel Bread.  Tomorrow We’re going to tackle something new.

@Drythethose generators are great.  We were out of power for 11 days during Super Storm Sandy in NY. We have both septic and a well so the generator was a lifesaver..  I have an electric stove so I couldn't cook, but could use the microwave and the refrigerator was kept running.  Gas stations however were a nightmare, with ridiculous lines (and fights breaking out).  Luckily I was able to take the train to work and my husband only worked a few miles from our home so we didn't have to deal with a lot of the problems others did.  Stay warm - LuLu

Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe  Is that a birdbath or a fountain? If a fountain, how do you get by without covering it during the winter? Stay warm and be safe during this bitter, long winter. It's bound to be a wicked one, I'm afraid. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

No but today we had a EF1 tornado hit about 5 minutes from our home today.  Lots of damage but thankfully no one was hurt.  The weather here was terrible between 9AM -10am at 11am it was sunny & hot.

The weather here has been crazy but sadly no snow! I miss it can't wait til I go home for Christmas.  Gotta love living in FL weather changes by the minute😯

Honored Contributor

All clear in Illinois so far.  Actually, it is warming up this week to mid 30's during the day.  Yes, certain areas in the country are getting hit hard w/snow.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Not yet but it is inevitable in the midwest. I enjoy the change of seasons.

Respected Contributor

I live in the upper part of SC near Inman and we got lots of heavy wet snow. Are currently snowed in. Power outage was brief, thankful for that, The heavy snow collapsed our carport on our 4 wheel drive truck. But we are safe and warm and the doxies are all in their in door weight coats. A relatively small tree fell in our driveway and the pasture fence has several damaged areas that have to be prepared. Typical issues when living out in the country. It is so worth it for us.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

Strangley enough, here in SW MI we have mostly grass showing and, get this, rain is in the forecast!!!

Holy smokes!!