Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is This Your Local Post Office?

@Foxxee wrote:

I think I see a QVC package in there...lower left hand photo, bottom center.  Anyone not get their package besides me?

@Foxxee    lol

Valued Contributor

I wonder what kind of filing system is used. Even if shipping info is printed on a label, what organization method is used to file and sort the packages? Hmm...

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG   Our PO is tiny too.  My living room has 4x the floor space as their lobby.  It is not possible for 3 people to socially distance in there. Not enough room for everyome to stand 6 ft. apart.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 -

Yes! I do think it's incredible that a letter or package actually gets where it's supposed to.

And I sure am glad when it does!

I can't imagine working there.

When I send a letter or package, I always worry until it gets there and especially if it takes longer than usual. I love to send gifts I know they will love,

but it's stressful too until they get there! 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Nope, not my PO. I live rural and our PO is a tiny building in town. When I get a package we go to the PO and they hold my pkgs for me to pick up. It gives the postal carrier a break by me picking up my own. We go daily to send off orders from our online business. No problem.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I ordered one gift item this year - and that was 4 weeks ago.  I've followed the tracking and it arrives at Kansas City one day, leaves Kansas City the next day, then arrives at Kansas City the next day, and leaves Kansas City the next day...... for the last 2 weeks.  I doubt that I will ever receive it at this point.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What would anyone expect from a post office that is buried to their eyeballs and trying to keep up?  

Remember, the current postmaster general took away a lot of sorters and machines that would have helped. A judge ordered him to put them back but many had been destroyed - and he refused to put back the ones that were usable.  It doesn't look bad to me given covid and huge increases in online orders. 

I've seen worse at the huge international corporation I worked at for nearly 40 years.  A picture doesn't mean total chaos.  This picture looks like organized chaos to me.

We need to give USPS, UPS, and FedEx a break. This is what it's going to be like for some time given covid and the huge increase in online orders.

Honored Contributor

Well, I hope everyone has a lot of patience.  Be kind to your delivery people and the P.O. people.  They must be frantic. 

Honored Contributor

So far, I've had no problems getting any orders, although a couple were a day or two late.  The one Christmas gift I had to send out of state I purposely mailed very early and it was received before Thanksgiving.  

The post office has been struggling for years now and this year has just made things worse by far--for all shippers.  I don't think many of the post offices were set up to be able to handle the massive amounts of packages (boxes) as opposed to letters that have been their main business.

Just speaking for myself, my last three orders (from various retailers, not QVC) are coming UPS Surepost--UPS to USPS--that a few years ago would have been UPS to my door directly.  That's flooding an already antiquated and overworked system even more.  

Yes, it's a mess.

Super Contributor

I took one look at those pictures and only one word came to mind...DAM*!!  The definitive answer to "where is my package?"  Thanks to the OP for the reality check!!  Smiley Tongue

Man plans. God laughs.