Trusted Contributor

I have a symbol on my phone that I can't figure out what it is. To the left of my battery there is the blue tooth symbol and then the one in question is to the of that and it looks like an arrowhead at a slight right angle.

Anyone have a clue?

Honored Contributor

It's ""location""

It gives your location for certain apps and websites that you visit.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much brii.

Jamma

Honored Contributor

Yes, location. You can adjust which apps are allowed to use you location in Settings --> Privacy --> Location Services.

I don't allow my camera to use my location because it tags photos with geotags that allow other people to find out where a photo was taken. If I post a picture of my apartment, I don't want everyone who sees that photo to be able to find that on a map. I turn access on for apps that need a location, like WAZE, my GPS map system,or my Panera Bread app, which finds the closest Panera restaurant based on my location and helps me place a pickup order from the right place.

Trusted Contributor
On 10/31/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

Yes, location. You can adjust which apps are allowed to use you location in Settings --> Location Services.

I don't allow my camera to use my location because it tags photos with geotags that allow other people to find out where a photo was taken. If I post a picture of my apartment, I don't want everyone who sees that photo to be able to find that on a map. I turn access on for apps that need a location, like WAZE, my GPS map system,or my Panera Bread app, which finds the closest Panera restaurant based on my location and helps me place a pickup order from the right place.

How do I get rid of it ChynnaBlue?

Honored Contributor

To disable location, go to:

- Settings

- Privacy

- Location Services - then swipe to turn it off.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much MJ12.

Jamma