Honored Contributor

I am so introspective and wish I were not.  Being laid back and accepting of what is . . . makes for a much easier life.  I have always envied those who can accept things the way they were, or are. 

How would you describe yourself?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

Re: Introspective or laid back?

At my age 61, I learn that the saying "don't sweat the small stuff " really makes sense. Oh yes I had my share of stuff to deal with and my worring hasn't changed anything. People are going to do what they want anyway. It's my hubby and my time now. We just have to keep reminding ourselves that.

Honored Contributor

I'm a mixture, as I suspect most people are. There are many things it's easy for me to go with the flow about as I get older - for one thing, being retired and not on a schedule vs. working and job and traffic-stressed makes a big difference for me.

I've always been introspective and analytical about family and social issues, situations, feelings, etc. but I dissect them to my satisfaction, put them in the mental cupboard they belong in, and only take them out if/when a situation warrants - reminiscences of the past, etc.

I tend now to let bigger, personality-involved things go and get po'd about little everyday things 😟

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I pretty much don't worry about things I cannot change or control off. I pray about the big and little stuff, give it to the Lord and move on. 

Trusted Contributor

no matter what the size of "stuff" is, I'll sweat it. ugh. I've been this way since I was a child. serious, sensitive, overthinking everything to pieces. I also have very strong intuition about people and things, and believe me, that doesn't bode well for someone like me. I'm old, yet I haven't grown out of this rut. 

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

I pretty much don't worry about things I cannot change or control off. I pray about the big and little stuff, give it to the Lord and move on. 

So do I, Amen!

Honored Contributor

A question like this is just too much work to think about and mull over....so what does this make me?

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

I am so introspective and wish I were not.  Being laid back and accepting of what is . . . makes for a much easier life.  I have always envied those who can accept things the way they were, or are. 

Perhaps the people you envy aren't as laid back as you think they are. Maybe they worry and just put on a front.

OTOH, there ARE people who don't waste a lot of time worrying - my husband is one.

I am becoming more like him, thank goodness.......Smiley happy 144.gif

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

A question like this is just too much work to think about and mull over....so what does this make me?

@SeaMaiden

Ha ha . . . pretty laid back, I would think!  Lucky you!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

I am sensitive and introspective. I accept that about myself and I think I was born this way.