Esteemed Contributor

Re: Interesting new feature article about QVC.

Tres bien!

I was confused by that part where it says QVC is not targeting millennials.  If they aren't trying to appeal to that demographic, seems like they'd ditch a few of those younger ditzy hosts.

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@circles wrote:

There are a few posters...who say that the Q. is not here to entertain us...but to sell....I guess that article disputes that theory...

The underlying truth is that they're here to entertain us AND to sell!

This is how I feel.  Who is going to watch if there isn't at least a small amount of entertainment to the shows?  This is why I cannot and do not watch the channels that just have spinning tables of jewelry where you never see the host and they sound as if they are broadcasting from someone's garage.  You can hear all the background noise and people answering the phones. 

There are also certain hosts that bore me to tears and even if they are presenting something I'm interested in, I just cannot bring myself to watch.       

Honored Contributor

here is the website to explore......

https://www.qvc.fr/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@brii wrote:

The whole entertainment and social media thing is a huge turn off to me.

That's why I take my shopping dollars elsewhere ... I cannot imagine spending hours on end watching presentations of products, vendors, and salespeople ... who does that?

Esteemed Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@brii wrote:

That's why I take my shopping dollars elsewhere ... I cannot imagine spending hours on end watching presentations of products, vendors, and salespeople ... who does that?

Back when QVC was new to me, I did have the channel on for several hours a day. I think over time, the television experience begins to wear less well. I don't watch at all these day except for very specific programs that interest me, but I still shop here.

Guessing its the revolving door of new customers or those who have it on due to habit who are watching the actual channel?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

Interesting site, sunshine....thanks for the link....

Just an aside....turning the volume louder...didn't  make me fluent in their language...lol....

I did like those pants they were showing...the ones with the two front zippers...

Honored Contributor

brii wrote:

hi brii.....LOL, i am just the opposite. i enjoy the "entertainment" and the social media aspect, otherwise i would probably not have it on at all (i would just browse online).

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@brii wrote:

Back when QVC was new to me, I did have the channel on for several hours a day. I think over time, the television experience begins to wear less well. I don't watch at all these day except for very specific programs that interest me, but I still shop here.

Guessing its the revolving door of new customers or those who have it on due to habit who are watching the actual channel?

Yeah, we have one specific guy in mind ... otherwise ... I wouldn't care that Who's on first, What's on second, and I Don't Know is on third.Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@brii wrote:

I don't know that they are necessarily talking about people sitting and watching hours upon hours of presentations, etc.

I took it to mean when people do watch, they want to be entertained.  That's how I am.  I don't watch all that much but when I do watch, I have to like the person presenting or I'll just tune out. 

Judging by all the threads about the hosts and what they wear, how they act, how they speak, etc., I think a lot of people feel the same way. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva ...

I guess I'm not into that kind of "entertainment."   There are just so many hours of the day and I never can quite catch up on all the really good to great shows out there.   QVC is not even on my radar.