Frequent Contributor

ION CHANNEL POOR RECEPTION OF QVC

I have an over the air antenna, and have had it since 2010.  QVC is broadcast in my area via WRBU St. Louis (ION Television). Sometimes I have perfect reception of QVC other times I don't (only pixels or no signal at all).  I get every other channel in my area perfect . Early this morning when I tuned it on in, was a still photo of the corner of a commercial building on the QVC channel.  Really?  Something is not working - either human or electronics.

I distinctly remember on the old forum some were having similiar problems.

I have filed a complaint with ION Television, and if others are having the same here's their online form: 

http://www.iontelevision.com/contact

I am hoping that this post also reaches upper management, so they know what's going on.  I am sure I am not the only one in my area having these issues.

Mary

Trusted Contributor

Re: ION CHANNEL POOR RECEPTION OF QVC

This is likely an issue with the local station.

If this were an issue with QVC, all QVC viewers (including cable) would be experiencing the issue as it is the same feed.

ION television provides network affiliation for that station, along with some programming, but it has nothing to do with programming not transmitted via the ION network (ie.g. QVC).

I am sure the station is already aware of the issue, but if you wish to complain, the best use of your time would be to contact the station or its owner/operator directly.

Respected Contributor

Re: ION CHANNEL POOR RECEPTION OF QVC

Where I live we have an ion station also but I only get it sometimes because it doesn't broadcast its signal as strong as other stations.

Tvfool.com will let you see the signal strength of channels where you live.  Ion also might be building a new broadcast tower where you live.  There can be a numerous reasons for poor reception.