Super Contributor

Interesting article about actress Julianne Moore and consumerism

In an article I just read  about her she stated that she has made a resolution for 2020 not to buy any new clothing, jewelry or makeup.  I think I could go without the first two for a year ; but I do like a new lipstick every now and then.  How about you?

Honored Contributor

Re: Interesting article about actress Julianne Moore and consumerism

I could do it all except I need new mascara every few months, otherwise I'm good. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Yes and No.  I would like to buy a new mascara every few months, like the poster above said, but if I had to, or wanted to, I could get away with everything else.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Unless the size of my body changes in some drastic fashion, I am good for the rest of my life.

Honored Contributor

What's the point of saying you will or won't?  I don't get it. Have some common sense and live your life in a responsible way day to day, month to month, for the rest of your life.

Be happy, be wise, be responsible.  Don't set little artificial limits on yourself.  

Honored Contributor

I could do the 1st 2, but I need a new lipstick every now and then and mascara! So the Beauty part would be hard for me. 

Super Contributor

She can probably get away with no make-up purchases.  I'm sure for big events, she has a make-up artist apply her make-up and they probably bring their own brands.

Valued Contributor

After I unpack my summer clothes there are always stains I didn't see or get out when I packed them away.  I will have to replace just a few pieces.

I, also, need a new mascara a few times a year. 

I buy less since I am not working.  That feels good.  

Respected Contributor

Execept for Lent (giving up something for the duration),  I've never made resolutions about anything.  I probably wouldn't stick to them anyway.

Respected Contributor

I can see reasons to do something similar....to save money, as a personal challenge just to see if you could stick to it, to see if you could lower your imprint using unnecessary resources, to set the tone in your life if you wish to downsize or declutter, etc.